Could this be chilblains? What is wrong with my toes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have history of Raynauds but I am very nervous. My doc appoint isn't for some time and I don't want to wait to try to figure it out. Thanks friends!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It could be layla? Are your toes hot and very itchy?
    • Posted

Hello! Thank you for the quick response!

They were hot and itchy, and all of them were red. They're not anymore but these blisters (not quite sure what to call them!) have appeared instead!

• Posted

Sure looks like chilblains (medical name "perniosis") to me. I don't get the hot and itchy, but I get the swellings that look like yours. Do they hurt?
    • Posted

Ah, this was a relief to read! Thank you for your response! They don't hurt too bad, just when they're touched or exposed to cold. 
  • Posted

I find mine are always itchy. They drive me round the bend especially when I'm in bed. This year is the first for probably 50 years I haven't had chilblains because I finally decided to discuss my Raynauds with my GP. I've been prescribed Nifedipine. I can't tell you the difference it's made. The chilblain I had in August disappeared with days of me starting the medication and to date I've had no further chilblains.
  • Posted

Hello

I am NOT a doctor and who knows how many diseseases it can exicts in a toe, but my son has chillblains and he can get som blisters on his tip of his toes. Like he has touched nettles.They can turn into purple sometimes, so......

Gry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.