Sertraline 200mg

Posted , 34 users are following.

My Sertraline was increased from 150mg to 200mg this morning. I'm not feeling too good at the moment, really anxious, suicidal thoughts. This is the maximum dose. Has this happened to anyone else after increasing the dose ? Please help.

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long have u been on sertraline and what dose did u start on and how long did u leave between doses before u went up each time? X
    • Posted

Hi Vicky,

i started on 50mg Sertraline back in October. I was ok till just after Christmas when I hit a deep depression and my GP increased the dose to 100mg. As I felt no better 3 weeks later it got increased again to 150 mg and this morning to 200mg. 

Should I give it longer to work ? 

• Posted

Hi carol. I'm sorry to hear that your not good at the mo, but I think what it is, is that u havnt left enough time between doses to get stable on any amount. It can take 8-12 weeks to feel any benefit fro a dose, so I think your gp has upped u to quick, and that is why your not getting better. I would stay on the 150mg dose as that is still quite high and see how u get on in the next 2-4 weeks as u have only been on that dose for 3 weeks. I hope that helps but it's your decision x
    • Posted

Hi Vikki,

thankyou for your advice. In hindsight you're probably right. The increase is maybe too soon. I'm gonna stick with 150mg for next couple of weeks. 

Ive been really depressed & anxious since new year & at times it's unbearable. Here's hoping the meds start to work soon. X

• Posted

Yes I understand. Anxiety is horrid. Have u tried rescue remedy?? I use it on my anxious days and works really well for me, calms me a lot x
    • Posted

Hi

Just to let u know that it doesn't take 8-12 weeks for any antidepressant to work 4-6 weeks. There is new clinical evidence that ssri's can help within two weeks. Which is great 😄

• Posted

Hi carol.

so sorry to hear, about you're experience... 

Im not seeing here, why you're gp would increase you're dosage, if the lower dose, is not helping,

i can't talk from personal experience, because, I've only recently started on Setraline, at 25 mg, for a week, then up to 50 mg

so far I've only had a lot of the side effects.. 

Did you talk to you're GP, about you're thoughts ?

i think you should be seeing a support worker if possible.

sending you hope and a an answer Carol.  

• Posted

hi Rosemary,

Thanks for your advice. I have told my GP my thoughts & feelings. 

I've even rang NHS crisis line which is a joke. I asked them for a support worker as I'm struggling as a single parent with a teenager with Autism. They said no. 

I am going to take 150mg from now on as I think 200mg is too much along with side effects. 

Thanks,  x

• Posted

Hi carol, they said no to u when u was asking for their help??? Disgraceful!!! Have u tried relaxation on YouTube?? And free online cbt, also hypnotherapy for anxiety on YouTube?? Also rescue remedy when your feeling anxious x
    • Posted

I've been asking for Counselling since New Year. I was put on IAPT waiting list and told it'd be 6 months wait., so I'm paying £60 a week to see a private therapist as I was desperate. I know I can't affiord it much longer, but thankfully I found a charity that offers Counselling in Leeds. I'm now on their list to be seen in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks. X

• Posted

6 months wait??? People who havnt had anxiety really do not understand how crippling it is do they??? It makes me so angry. Have u tried hypnotherapy or accupuncture?? They r really good. I wish u all the best and I hope u get the help the need. Keep me posted on how your getting on x
    • Posted

thanks Vikki,

ive downloaded some relaxation techniques from something called 'Moodjuice'  it's very good, I listen to them morning and night now 

take care... X

• Posted

Hi hun how u doing now I'm on day 14 of sertraline increase from 100mgs to 150mgs still got high anxiety and panic attacks cant eat can't sleep just wondered how u were doing
  • Posted

Hi carol.

i tried to get help from the mental health team, where we live..

but the wait is up to 4 months.. If you're suffering with anxiety and depression, panic 

attacks, you need help. Now ..

live only been on Sertraline for a few day, 25 mg

had issues from day one, 

very nauseas and diarrhoea

hoping it would settle, felt ok yesterday, managing to eat some toast,

but around 2-30 am, I had the most awful panic attack, 

i suffer from Costochondritus, to, 

its like an electric shock, hitting you're sturnum,

land continued most of the night,, still feeling extremely nauseas again, with upset tummy,

have had to call my GP .. In the hope he can advice me..

lim absolutely .. In a state,, cannot function..having a bit of trouble breathing to,

do these drugs ever start to work, or am I an exception to the rule..

sorry just had to get this out..

• Posted

Hi Rosemary, you're on a very low dose. Your GP will increase it I'm sure. All the symptoms you describe I have too, but I'd willingly put up with them in the hope my depression & anxiety lift. The diarrhoea isn't as frequent now, but I still get the tight feeling in my chest. I'm still not eating properly. I only seem to want food late evening which isn't good. 

My Gp told me to persevere a couple more weeks to see if I improve. 

I started on 50mg October, increased to 100mg beginning jan, then increased again to 150mg in February. 

hope this helps, but ask your GP what they suggest.

take care, Carol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.