Chicken Pox on son, do I need to keep my other child away from others?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son has terrible chicken Pox, he has it everywhere & so aggressive too!! tried virasoothe which helped, now using Poxclin whis seems much better! 

I'm Im unsure if I should keep my 6month old away from others in case she has it but it hasn't come out yet?

can anyone advise?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I expect your six-month old will get it very soon anyway! At least both of them will get it out the way at the same time then smile

I'd keep them both away from friends and family you know to be ill, pregnant, or have a weak immune system including those on steroid treatment and other treatments which cause immune problems. See NHS choices website on chicken pox.  

• Posted

Thank you for replying Sarah17507.  I trawled the Internet but couldn't find specific information.  I've seen a very, very tiny dot on her tummy under her nappy line.  We will see what happens with that...think it's a 9/10 chance.  At least I can give anti-histamine to her.   Every cloud 😄
    • Posted

That's ok.

They can be contagious for some days before showing any signs of a rash, so it's sensible to stay away from people who might get seriously ill if they are exposed. It's best if children get it anyway, as it's more serious if you get it as an adult. Hope you get on ok! Stock up on calpol and Piriton I would.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.