My Fibromyalgia Symptoms are getting worse

Posted , 13 users are following.

cry My Fibromyalgia symptoms seem to be getting worse, muscle spasms are widespread and now for about two weeks my feet have been so painful not able to stand or walk much. My GP told me today I have Plantar Fasciitis (Inflammation) of the tissue in the heels of my feet. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so do you think it is to do with the Fibromyalgia or something else new to deal with, at the end of my tether to be honest i just want to cry with the pain most of the time, taking as many pain killers as is safe to take, also taking Amitriptyline to help relax muscles and ease nerve pain, My short term memory is also getting worse, any suggestions to help would be great thanks, xxx

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Aurora, mine to is really bad at the moment, it can make your life rather miserable cant it! I had trouble with my feet also, I had lots of pain in the heels, it felt like needles being poked into them! I went to a chiropodist, he told me i had fallen arches. he gave me inserts to go into my shoes, that sure helped! I could not walk far or stand too long, I would hurt and swell behind my knees, and be in so much pain! I do suffer along with you Hun. I'm looking into certain herbal/natural supplements to help with fibromyalgia, I'm also on amitriptyline and it isn't really working for me I am only on 20 mg so far, I'm sure I need at least double that. But it's really affecting my sleeping, with this I'm so tired all of the time and work full-time. I'm going to ask my dr about the natural stuff and see if that can help, I will try anything! Have you got a good a supportive dr? And people to talk to about how you are feeling?I hope so! I'm very lucky that my family and friends are very supportive to me, that does help! My advice would be to google the supplements that are helpful to us sufferers of fm and take it from there and look into getting your checked out again. My burning in my neck and back and ribs are really bad a the mo, it may be due to the weather getting colder! Keep me posted to how you are getting on, sure hope you will feel better soon, chin up! Take care, relax when you can! Annie Xx
  • Posted

Thank you Annie it is awful isn't it. I saw my GP she was helpful as always.She said It is inflammation of the soft tissue medical name is (Plantar Fasciitis) she recommended i see the Podiatry department which i have to phone myself to make an appointment but really all they do as far as i know is give you something to put in your shoes, i have already bought 3 different types of insoles for my shoes, i have bought some lovely comfy house slippers today which are really soft so am hoping they help. Will look up some supplements to try help also thanks. I hope you get some relief soon from your pain it must be so hard for you to carry on working. Best wishes to you, love Aurora xx
  • Posted

Hi Aurora, glad to hear you have got a good dr, that does help a lot! I do tend to spend a little extra on my shoes now a days, I will buy Clarks, not the most trendy but at least they are compfy! Lol. It sure is sad to be getting old....I'm only 41 but I feel like 80 yrs old at time! Did your fm come on quite quickly? Mine started about ten yrs ago, symptoms starting with me peeing for England! And pain and swelling around my knees, then it hit me like a rock about 6 months ago but the past month has been making me want to cry like you, I cant believe how it took a hold so quickly. I hope you will get relief from your pain too, please let me know how you get on with apt and look into the supplements, but talk to your dr before taking any as they may not agree with any meds you are on. If you just google.. "what supplements help fm sufferers" there are quite a few sights to look through, I am researching this quite a lot, it does make you understand what we are having to deal with here. I'm needing to try to help myself as I can't afford to give up work so I'm needing to try to get rid of some of this awful pain and burning! Chat again soon, take care. Hope you will feel better real soon. Love Annie xxx
  • Posted

Thank you once again Annie. In all honesty i believe i have had the problem for many years, i also have widespread Arthritis and each time i would go to my previous GP it was down to the Arthritis causing the problems, i couldn't get through that i was completely worn out constantly and that in my opinion i shouldn't feel so unwell along with osteoarthritis the pain was bad enough with that alone but deep down i always knew something else was wrong. I had seen a Rheumatologist many years ago who also didn't suggest fibromyalgia, he told me after one blood test i had Hughes syndrome (Antiphosfalipid) even though he mentioned taking aspirin for the rest of my life, problem was i wasn't able to take them because i had a problem with my tummy, so for more years than i can remember i wasn't having any help with anything really. Lucky for me i eventually got a new GP when my old one retired. I saw her and mentioned the Hughes Syndrome and that i had not had any help or no mention of it for many years she referred me to a hematologist who then decided it needed a Rheumatologist instead because of my other joint problems. And that's where i am now seeing him which is coming up hopefully some time soon. Anyways will check out online thanks xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Aurora, you sure have a lot to contend with, all the conditions probably battle between each other! It must be very difficult! Let's hope your apt comes through quickly and they can get to the root of the problem and start treating you. I've had quite a good day today, I woke up feeling lifeless and took a while to get into gear at work but I only had a small amount of burning in my back and shoulders, so it hasn't been as bad as it has been lately. Do you have a problem with feeling cold quite a lot? I'm always cold even if it was a really warm day, I can be sitting in our lounge at home and my hubby in shorts and t-shirt and I've got 3 layers of clothes on and freezing, my hubby says it's 26dg in here you cant be cold!! But apparently this is part of fm, it's like our body thermostat doesn't work properly. Take care, chat soon. Annie xx
  • Posted

I agree yes often i am freezing whilst the family are to hot, i have bad circulation which makes my feet freezing and my hands, on the other hand i get a lot of hot flushes, even though i have been menopausal for over 10 years, not sure if it will ever stop, haha.

Yes i do have a lot of problems, I have got Asthma, high blood pressure, which thankfully is now under control, Gastritis, Irritable bowel problems, so its not easy, gosh i sound like a hypochondriac sorry if this is boring. Yesterday i had to go into the city to have a mammogram just a routine one, my daughter was with me and we went to the shops to pick some birthday presents for her for this Saturday, by the time my husband picked us up i was in tears with pain, its so hard to stay positive but i know i must.

How is your short term memory? mine is pretty awful i cant remember what things are called and forget what i just said, i know the family laugh at me and often i laugh with them but its not funny really, oh well best get a move on to get organized then go to rest, take care, hope you have a good day, love Monica x

• Posted

My nemoey us dreadful. I dont skeep. I scratch itch i get bhrning in chest back im 67 and worse by pm. Im looking into natural remedies az i react soo bad to all drugs.
  • Posted

Hi Monica, hope you've had a good day! Or is that a silly thing to even suggest! Lol we do have to laugh about our situations sometimes don't we? Or I think we would go crazy! I also have a cry too like you as I think we also need to give vent to our feelings! I went shopping last Saturday with my son and I came home and all I wanted to do is lie on sofa and go to sleep, I've never been like that! I have come home from work tonight and I feel completely done in, I can't even lift my arms up without them dropping to my side! It is so nice to chat to others going through this condition isnt it? It does help! So how many children do you have? I have a son called Tom he's just turned 19 and a daughter called Megan she's 14. And my hubby is Andy and they are all very supportive! I've made an apt today to get more bloods taken at Drs request as the last lot of bloods came back as my liver levels were a little raised so she just wants to check that out, then I've got to see the dr the week after and I will ask her about the supplements and wether I can take them with the amitriptyline or not, I'm willing to try anything! Take care, chat later, love Annie xxx
  • Posted

Hi Monica, hope you've had a good day! Or is that a silly thing to even suggest! Lol we do have to laugh about our situations sometimes don't we? Or I think we would go crazy! I also have a cry too like you as I think we also need to give vent to our feelings! I went shopping last Saturday with my son and I came home and all I wanted to do is lie on sofa and go to sleep, I've never been like that! I have come home from work tonight and I feel completely done in, I can't even lift my arms up without them dropping to my side! It is so nice to chat to others going through this condition isnt it? It does help! So how many children do you have? I have a son called Tom he's just turned 19 and a daughter called Megan she's 14. And my hubby is Andy and they are all very supportive! I've made an apt today to get more bloods taken at Drs request as the last lot of bloods came back as my liver levels were a little raised so she just wants to check that out, then I've got to see the dr the week after and I will ask her about the supplements and wether I can take them with the amitriptyline or not, I'm willing to try anything! Take care, chat later, love Annie xxx
  • Posted

I seem to have sent the last message twice!! Lol sorry! I have just remembered a question that you asked about my short term memory! Lol yes I do have problems with that too, as you can see! Lol. I call everything " Thingy bob" as I can't remember what I'm trying to say or refer to. Also you say you have IBS that is another symptom of FM I have irritable bladder, neither of them are pleasant are they? Anyway keep smiling Hun. Xx
  • Posted

Thank you Annie its nice to get things of your chest. I am having blood tests this week as well. Yes you have to try to keep smiling and stay as positive as possible. I have two adult children a male he is 31 and female is 23. They both still live at home, my son did leave a few years ago to live with his girlfriend but when they ended their relationship he came back home. I hope you feel stronger soon, there is no point saying feel better because that just doesn't happen with us, we just have to learn to live with it. Its good to chat to someone who understands how you feel. Take care, love Monica xx
  • Posted

Hi Monica, I hope you have had a 'good' couple of days! Have you had your blood tests done yet, if so when should you get the results?I've been not too bad! But have felt very cold! I'm glad that it's Friday tomorrow so I can have a little rest!! :-) but I have still got the housework to do tho! And my daughter has got friends around sat, one of them are staying over, Andy and I are off out for dinner as it's his birthday, so that will make a nice change, we live in a little village just outside of Bath and we have found a really fab steak restaurant in Bath, so we are heading there, that should give me a little bit of strength shouldnt it! Lol. Hope you and the family have a really nice weekend. Take care, chat soon, love Annie xx
  • Posted

Hi there Annie hows your day going? hope its not to bad for you. I'm still struggling with the heel pain is still quite bad but i had a chat with a Podiatrist over the phone and he give me some exercises to do so i do believe the stretching exercise is helping a little fingers and toes crossed. This weather doesn't help the Arthritis either. I have been to bath a few times I have a friend who lives in Frome so we used to meet up in bath when we were not going to Frome. We live in Swansea Wales about 10 miles out of the city in a village up in the valley. Do you used face book? if so you can add me if you wish to (Monica Smith) I hope you can cope with weekend , we are out for a meal tonight my daughters birthday is tomorrow and she will be off out with her boyfriend and friends in the evening so we will celebrate tonight instead. Take care love Mon xx
  • Posted

Hi Monica, my day hasn't been too bad at all thanks! I can't say that very often! So I'm smiling today! Hope your day hasn't been too bad Hun. Yes I know Frome, nice little town! I sure hope the exercises help with your heel pain, it is so miserable.I will keep everything crossed for you too!! :-) Some neighbours of ours come from Swansea, they have lived here for many yrs. But go home to visit what family are left! Hope you have a good evening to celebrate your daughters birthday. Yes I do do facebook, I will try to find you! If I can't then look for me I'm. Anne kemp Helstrom Well I think that's how I have it anyway lol! Chat soon, take care love Annie xx
  • Posted

Hi Monica, I have looked for you on FB but there are lots and lots of "you" lol :-) I think it will be easier for you to find me.. It's actualy Anne kemp-Helstrom you need to put into you search. I think my profile picture is of me with a glass of vino! Lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.