Will norethisterone affects the date of your next period?

Posted , 44 users are following.

I was on norethisterone last month till the 20th Aug and my period came on the 22nd Aug. My period has not come ever since and it has been 41 days since the start of my previous period. Is anyone experiencing the same thing too? I hope I am not the only one.

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i've been having this problem too.. i took norethisterone till 11 sept and my period came on 16 sept.. and it hasn't started again since.. not sure if this is one of the side effects...
  • Posted

my period is late aswell, and my boobs are really painful never had this before petrified im pregnant
    • Posted

I am having same problems however I had my period straight after I stopped taking them I then came one a week and a half late for my next period and have not had another one, did you fine anything else out Or are you having your periods again? I hope this is a side affect i and I'm not pregnant I'm sure I'm not it's just weird I stated my periods again and I think I'm late.

• Posted

I am facing the same problem and I m too much worried about it I took primolute n from 27 march and got periods on 3 April..I HV also done all the pregnancy test ,USG .blood hcg all are negative...and I lost my next periods and I m 12 days late now...plz help me..can anyone tell me should I feel that much worry about it.?
    • Posted

Hi Samantha, I’m aware that this was written 5 years ago but I would love to know how it worked out for you as I’m in the exact same situation after having protected sex last week and now having a late period when my periods are usually regular? Just wondering your advice to whether this worked out for you? 
    • Posted

Now same things done with mee....plzz suggest me and what is going on??

• Posted

Hi, you comment is recent. have you gotten your period? after how many week? I'm petrified right now I'm facing the same!

• Posted

Hi all, I have the same problem. I took norethisterone for a week and then my period came on 3 days after. But now I am due for my period again and I am 2 weeks late?

Did you period come back?

Thanks

• Posted

Experiencing the same problem,how did yours go?

• Posted

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. How did yours go? Did your period come back? Thank you!

• Posted

This is happenng to me too, i took it for a few days from 20th of feb my period came on a few days after I stopped taking the pills nd I am currently over a week late and I'm usually on time, it starting to worry me, I hope its an affect of the tablets

• Posted

I have been to the doctors today and an having a blood test on Friday to check out my hormone levels. The doctor told me not to worry and said they would be back to normal shortly.
  • Posted

So is it an affect of taking the tablets? So I wont have to worry ?

• Posted

I think it is.. Coz I'm pretty sure there is no way that I am pregnant. The doctor didn't say though but looks like loads of women have suffered with this side affect. I know it is hard not to worry, take a test to put your mind at rest if you want.
  • Posted

Okay, ill see how things turn out, thank you for your help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.