side affects from co-amoxiclav 500/125

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering with an ear infection so my gp perscribed me co-amoxiclav... since taking thse i have felt very out of character , dizzy ,faint, sick , hot / cold and also wanting to no if anyone else has had similar side affects??

my heart also speeds up n slows down which for me is out of the ordinary as this happens when im doing nothing? like heart palpitations??

I also feel totally lifeless and not with it?

I stopped taking these tablets yesterday lunch time (2ish) however still feel bad and wondering just how long they take to get out your system?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I've been put on 375mg x 3 daily for 100 days as they suspect I have an infection around my spine from where I had a DISCETOMY .

They made me feel very nauseous for 6 days and listless with no energy I was also sick on the 6th day. Sleep sleep sleep , tired all time. Then I got up early to have the 1st and then had next at 4pm then next I stayed up for at 1 am, I had to do something 100 days of feeling like that!!!

Anyway on day 7 I felt better and I'm now on day 9 and although I've got thrush also(always happens with anti bios) I do feel better otherwise although back pain bad a a usual for now .

• Posted

I have been looking on the site for symptoms or side effects like my own. Yours match perfectly. Since i started them I have been feeling nauseas and now cannot stay awake and when I do wake my pjs are soaked through. I am continuously sweating, no dripping literally but I suffer with fibromyalgia also and find it hard to define the two.

hope you are feeling better by now

• Posted

Hiya

well I had the straight 100 days and didn't work for my back and have recently had the operation.

i do hope you don't have to take them for too long as it's not pleasant is itĀ 

• Posted

Hi Jutty , Im Jay 16 years old and have the same side effects as you whilst taking the co-amoxiclav 500/125 mg and I'm really starting to panick as I've had a constant dizzy / lightheadedness feeling for 5 days I've just finished taking them and just wanted to know did you get better as I'm starting to assume it might be worse and would feel alot better if you came out alright as it is a terrifying feeling.

ThanksĀ 

• Posted

I was put on them yesterday I'm on my fourth tablet I've just ran to the loo with serious diarrhoea I give birth 10 days ago so was prescribed incase of infection due to me randomly bleeding ect.

I feel severely nausea I'm sure I'm going to puke I've never felt so sick my diarrhoea is violent I feel dehydrated I keep getting upper abdominal pain dizziness and burning feeling in my chest and throat asif my adrenaline is really high also nearly passed out earlier now wondering whether it was these tablets I don't know what to do I feel worse then I did before taking them

• Posted

Hi stephx, I we you posted this two months ago, hoping your symptoms are well and truly behind you? I am on the last day of a seven day course, similar side effects as you, not dizzy buy s bit unsteady with my balance, my main complaint is s sore/burning chest, how long did it take for this to go after treastment? X
    • Posted

Hi Stephx, I came off a 7 day course of antibiotics two days ago, six tablets twice a day, during treatment, similar symptoms to you, I am still getting the side effects and like you am wondering hope long it can go on for, I have a sore chest and throat, I was being treated for acid reflux so already had a sore chest and throat, but on day two of medication ther soreness sort of changed, I find it a little sore when I swallow, I didn't have this before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.