alendronic acid 75mg tablets

Posted , 8 users are following.

I would like to thank everyone for their reviews on alendronic, they have given me some thought.

I have been given A but not started (thank god). I was diagnosed with Osteopenia and I have Coeliac disease. I was put on prostelos sachets but having difficulty taken them but I think I will stay on them as there are no side effects compared to A.

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've just found this site.....if anyone is still about.

I was put on AA when I was diagnosed with osteopinia by a previous doctor.

When I changed docs she took me off it and said I only need life changes for that.

Now I've been diagnosed with osteoporosis....I've been put on it again and also on vit d and calcium {mixture} disolvelable tablets

I found that every time I took the AA I was sick {not physically} just feeling very sick for the rest of the day.

As far as pains go....well its hard to tell....I've got osteo arthritis in hips, lower spine neck and ankle, I had a 2nd hip replaccement in Jan and  weeks afterthat I fractured my hip doing an NHS exercise

Thats when they discovered I had ostoporosis. I also have scoliosis.

So I have pain but I dont know if any of it is related to the AA. I saw a different doctor in the practice and she said come off it and make an appointment with my own doctor and check with her. I've been off it for about 5 weeks now.

I am much sorer these days but is it the weather {it does affect arthritis LOL}

Anyway thats my story.....waiting to see GP to see what she has to say

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Busy reading & collating & have just come across what I believe was your first post after finding the site. You had answered a post requesting information about AA 75mg. I must have missed this on my first trawl through. All grist to the mill!

Regards

Colin

• Posted

Hi Colin

Looks like my  first post on AA but I was posting on replacements and OA before that.

You must have the patience of job!!!!biggrin

Night

Eileen

• Posted

I was on pro telos, not problem, doctor put me on A. A ano after one year and halve I found gave so much pain on muslcles and joins , stopped one month ago and still have horrible paints, you have to go on the drug before be referred by a rheumatologist, for has been horrible not everybody got same secondary effects
  • Posted

Hi can I ask what are the prostelos sachets, getting very very bad pain from A.Acid in back and ribs &diaphragm, not going to take any more..
    • Posted

Hi Wendy,

I have osteoporosis and was on Alendronic Acid for five months before becoming so cheesed off with the side effects and future prognosis of probable brittle bones, that I came off it and am now progressing nicely along the natual way with lifestyle changes, lots of good exercise and diet changes that have made body more alkaline. I monitor myself on a regular basis but have actually not felt so fit in many years.

The are many posts along these lines in:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/strong-bones-support-group-2--513840?page=0#2163425

which also has many links to other people in a similar position. I thought this may give you an alternative if you are interested.

Bye - Aristotle

• Posted

Hi Wendy ,

Protelos is the name of medication that has in it strontium ranelate.And sahcets means ,they come in a  powder form.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.