Clarithromycin stopped working

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed these tablets last year to treat my acne and they worked for a while I was clear but in the last month or two I have started getting my acne back again and don't know what to do as am taking two tablets a day already. Do I go back to the doctors and ask for another referral or can someone help as its getting me down as its on my face.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont get down. I tried these pills and had the same experience. Someone told me that acne can be caused by diet. I was dubious, but cut out all dairy and after 4 months there was a visible difference in the amount of acne that I was getting. After 12 months I was clear! No more acne popping up unexpectedly....just clear.

I would recommend trying something else apart from antibiotics. Best of luck

• Posted

Yes diet is a factor. It's not recommended to take Clarithromycin for extended periods. Did you try Tetracycline ??? That's the standard Antibiotic for Acne smile
  • Posted

Antibiotic's will only treat the acne, and not the cause. Surely a life not on scripts is better and healthier?

Go down the diet road (may need some professional advice) and get off the drugs!

• Posted

Hi Mattyc i was under the Dermatology department at the hospital and they put me on these due to the previous medication was still in my system so they put me on Clarithromycin but did want to put me on Tetracycline. Can these be placed on prescription by the doctors or do you think I'd have to go back to the hospital.
  • Posted

Sorry that message was for HOUSE not Mattyc

Hi Mattyc i am on a Slimming World diet and have been for a while so my diet is pretty good have given up drinking fizzy drinks

• Posted

Hey Kimmy1183

A "good" diet does not mean that your body enjoys it. We as Humans are not designed to ingest milk past our infancy and so your body can react in strange ways even if your diet is considered a healthy one.

I fully appreciate that we are all different and just wanted to share my experiences as like you I was in a dark place and wanted to give you assurances that there is hope without the use of drugs, which again I stress only deal with the symptoms and not the cause.

I hope you find this useful =)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.