Cyclizine is a dangerous drug! I welcome any positive feedback on this!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Cyclizine is a dangerous drug!

I was prescribed cyclizine tablets for vomiting and nausea. I was in hospital for a week in 2014. I suffered severe side effects from taking Cyclizine. I am still suffering some side effects.

My symptoms were Chorea, tremors, affecting the head, hands, feet  and face neurological disorder characterized by jerky involuntary movements,

disorientation, speech problem, blurred vision, hearing problem, breathing problem, hallucinations and loss of balance.

If you feel  your symptoms are due to Cyclizine then you may wish to report it to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) via their yellow card scheme -yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk.

I welcome any  positive feedback on this!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you. I will remember that. 
    • Posted

I am glad I was able to help. I thought I was having a stroke, thats how bad I was. I am still suffering side effects from Cyclizine.

Did you report  it to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) via their yellow card scheme?

• Posted

Hi I was given cyclizine during major surgery, at first I was absolutely fine. I was only 20 at the time. Later that night I was given more and I lost all sensation in my arms and legs and my eyes started to roll back. Now I wear a red band if I'm going into hospital....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.