Muscle Biopsy Results Helllppppppppppppppp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got my muscle biopsy results back yesterday, no idea what any of it means...

Variation in fibre size

Atrophic fibre

Rounded hypertrophic fibre.

I have CK Levels of 310, Diagnosed with Fibro, CFS, Underactive Thyroid, IBS. Osteo Arthritis of the Spinal Column and hips

I Am very weak, with no stamia or energy in my limbs, which is so bad now, I cannot leave the house alone.

Muscle Biopsy has confirmed that I don't have myositis or vasculitis, which is what they were testing me for.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated it, somebody has suggested muscle wasting? and could be Myopathy, Muscular Distrophy ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for celiac disease (CD)?  It is the most common autoimmune disease n the US. Other countries are on the rise as well.  

I have polymyositis (PM) from a biospy and CD. The muscle pain is terrible and it make is hard to breath at times. I was diagnosed all at the same time so I am not sure what is worse, the CD and the strict GF diet, or the PM tha flares and makes me feel like death is soon.

I'm by no meansl well, but eating better helps eleveate many gut symptoms.  I'm following a gluten free, sugar free, caffein free, processed food free, and palio diet,  I am better but will never be well again.  

Hang in there!

• Posted

I have an idiopathic noninflammatory myopathy affecting my whole body. The pain is horrible. My back muscles are shrunk up next to my bones. I've tried every supplement and eating but the pain is severe and the doctors just look at me like....well you're still alive.

I don't think I can take this much longer. I have a young son and wife. Anyone got any updates on their condition?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.