Bacterial Vaginosis and red itchy bumps

Posted , 47 users are following.

On thursday I went to a friends house, and before I showered and scrubbed really hard around my vagina hoping that I could be super clean, I also scrubbed like that around my anus. ( I used summers eve, the blue cap) At his house, we had very rough sex three times. When I got home I took a shower and scrubbed just as I had on Thursday. I think I had some minor itching but not enough for me to notice. On saturday I think it was a little more porminent, but again, not enough for me to think anything of it. Sunday however, I believe I had some more irritation and itchiness. Monday and Tuesday were the days that I had some severe itching and irritation and slight burning when I used the bathroom. So Tuesday I went to the health center to ask what was wrong and they suggested to make and appointment so I did for Wednesday. As this point, I had maybe 4 red bumps that were itchy and irritating, I was sore and just felt uncomfortable and I could hardly sit. The OBGYN tested me for STDs just and case, but am still waiting upon results. She did her stuff and looked at my discharge and concluded that it was bacterial vaginosis and gave me antibiotic get to insert for five days. It sunday and I am still itchy and sore and it burns very bad when I urinate and also, the red bumps have spread to my anus. Me and this guy did not have anal sex, but we did however try but it did not work out but he did finger me a littler bit. Also this is not the first time that I have had sex with this guy, nor is it the first time that we have had rough sex like we did. I do not have a fishy odor, the red bumps are just really itchy and irritating and sore not some much or hurting, just when I sit am I uncomfortable. I do not think that it is herpes because the bumps I have do not look like herpes, they almost look acne like. There are also a few on the inside of the lips. I don't think it genital warts either because, again the pictures do not match my bumps. Taking Advil, helps the irritation like no other. Should I finish the antibiotics or should I go see the OBGYN again or just wait it out, and let my body handle one thing at a time? Or could the bumps just be a reaction to scrubbing my vagina too hard? I fee like if anything they are boils but I am not a doctor but maybe you guys can give me some input on what you think. Thank you!

3 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

FOLIC ACID!!!!! Went to the store and bought the most potent ones and started taking two a day, also I've found out of all the probiotics on the market the Pearl brand really does a great job in keeping yeast infections AND OTHER INFECTIONS from starting and also helps with the natural good bacteria. These two in combination every morning and drinking plenty of water do wonders for your system and not only that Folic Acid is great for your hair growth, nails, skin. its just an amazing vitamin.

I don't know how many woman experience the type of symptoms I do from bv, it blows my Drs out of the water, because my skin gets so irritated itll actually tear like lesions. Typically mine ends up yeast and bv infection. which is an incredibly horrible experience, ive had two in the past 4 years that got that bad. Ive looked over many sites where woman are told they have herpes, end up on medicine, then their results come back negative and their stuck trying to figure out wth is causing sores. I've been through heck and back with this for 4 years now, same bf, clean properly, dress properly, and apparently some woman are just predisposed to getting this infection and it goes untreated for so long bcuz they dont realize your vagina should never smell or have any type of discharge that smells and use douches which are so bad for your vagina, it doesnt take care of the main problem completely and also some woman don't have symptoms at all.

Anyway: if you or anyone who reads this and gets chronic and severe bv infections with or without yeast infection, start off first by seeing your doctor, no way around it, you have to get rid of the main infection, otherwise ultimately it can ruin your ability to have children(so Ive Heard On MULTIPLE occasions FROM DOCTORS) and the discomfort is just going to keep haunting you.

Have your doctor prescribe you FLAGYL pills 500 MG 2 times daily and also a Flucanozole for the yeast infection the antibiotics will cause. ALSO if you already have yeast infection get 2 SCRIPTS of the Flucanozole 1 for day on with your Flagyl, Finish Flagyl, Take Your second Flucanozole. Flagyl makes your tummy hurt, it has crappy side effects but trust me, take them all, eat before you take them, and don't lay down after taking them the acid reflux is nastyyy. This is where a lot of woman think well been there done that... it comes back, that because this is a life changing type of thing, you must change your diet, drink plenty of water, cut carbs and high fructose corn syrups, eat yougurt low in sugar like Light and Fit. etc. and below is the main thing that will keep them away: even while taking the prescribed medicine find these two items, folic acid, and probiotics specifically for womans bodies. theres a lot on the market.

Then after your all done, trust me you'll feel great, I've had the worst of the worst. then start on the regimen of two folic acid, highest dose you can find i believe its 500 mcg you can buy it online along with the Pearl brand probiotics, amazon is really cheap, and take it every morning. if you stop, the demon will come back. another prevention method is making sure you and your partner are clean before intercourse. mens sperm can throw your PH way off and most men shake and tuck so half the time that thing isn't clean.

also on to the douching. it has always made everything for me worse, peroxide and water solution douche && vinegar douche has helped but only subsides it for maybe a day then back to the same crap n ull wanna douche again and its totally bad to be rinsing inside there it messes up the ph, kills good and bad bacteria, etc..&& currently i feel thats whats caused the infection i currently have.(havent been taking my probiotics and folic acid and i had been more than 8 months clear)

Thanks for your post and I hope this thread helps woman, too many woman suffer from this and its ridiculous there isnt a proven reason or cause for why we get it. And don't believe the bs not all woman get it because they sleep around or arent clean. I'm proof.

• Posted

I haven't had sex in like a month , but it was three days strait before. I was feeling fine until a month later I got these weird little bumps and a little rash over the genital area an buttocx that is really painful and even more painful when I urinate. I have a doctors appointment to marrow and hope and pray it isn't what I think it is, I am ordering the probiotics and folic acid and hope it wrks. Any more information would be appreciated, Thanks♡
    • Posted

Your story sounds like my own. I didn't know about folic acid though. I will definitely include that! Thanks for your input, very helpful!

• Posted

I too have had a hard time figuring out what's wrong with me. I had unprotected sex .multiple times in july and nothing weird occurred. But after having sex on the 6th of August,on the 14th I noticed an itching. It only happened at night after the shower or in the morning and watery and a thick discharge followed. Eventually my area became swollen and very uncomfortable and to make matters worse my period came. Desperate for help I went to the clinic, after hearing my symptoms I was prescribed a yeast infection treatment. Shortly after my area began to itch severely, I seen what could have been the clumps of yeast but I'm not sure. After my period my area was still uncomfortable and I was deprived of sleep because of it. It also began to hurt badly when I went to the restroom so I went to the er because the pain was unbearable , the raw feeling on the inside caused me tremendous pain during my pap smear so they believed herpes. I was given all std test and they all came back negative even though I had already started treatment for them. A week later I went to a clinic to get my results and I had sores so they we're swabbed, the swab came back negative. Blood test said I had been exposed but not a carrier, I'm not sure which type. Now a few days ago a small piece of skin came off and formed a lesion as before but just one on the lip and I noticed like two around my anus. The doc and my mother believed I could be having a reaction to the Irish spring I used but I'm not sure. Do I have herpes or not??

• Posted

Hey ! Thank you so much for your post ! But I want to explain my current situation and see if it sounds similiar to yours. For almost a week I have had a rip at the top of the inside of my vagina ahnd one at the bottom of my vagina where my hole is. I also have 3 small bumps all in different space inside my vagina. My doctors are still running tests and my blood work all came back negative except for BV which I have had before but this pain is like no other. It does not hurt when I pee but when I stretch my legs open when using the bathroom the bottom of my vagina where the tear is hurts like hell!!!! My doctor did a vaginal culture for herpes and she is pretty sure that is what I have but based on everything I have read I may have a serve yeast or BV infection. I saw a diffrent MALE doctor yesterday and he said certain signs of herpes I do not have and he said it could either be that or a very bad yeast infeciton. I have the medicine for both just in case and he gave me lidocaine oinment for the tearing. I am just wondering if my sitatuon sound similar to yours? I am going to try the folic acid but this has never happened to me before and honestly I have been so depressed lately. I have a new boyfriend for about 7 months now and I am assuming if it is herpes he is the one who gave it to me. PLEASE HELP !
    • Posted

I always shave my vagina because i don't like hair on it. So just last sunday morning when i get to go take me a shower, i felt a 2 or 4 bumps at the end of my vagina. So i was thinking that i had yeast infection. When i get a yeast infection i get the same bumps in that area. I have been using monistat cream, monistat instand itch relief cream, monistat complete care chafing relief gel, also put a & d ointment on my vagina and all the way back to rectum. I met this guy back in may of this year. When we first did it, i asked him did he used a condom and he told me yeah but i felt like he was lying to my house. Every time we do it i get this tear at the end of my vagina, like i was having rough sex and clearly it wasn't the case. I started to noticed that my vagina don't look normal to me. Then the next day i got my mirror and looked at my vagina, it looked so nasty, i was freaking out. I saw more then 2 to 4 bumps on the inside of my vagina also to my rectum. Its so uncomfortable to the point i can't sit down, barely walking normal. I don't have no smell but every time i pee its stings, burns to bad i am crying and don't wanna be touch. When i do a bowel movement its a itching, burning, itching sensation to me. I have to spread my cheeks and let it come out. I haven't so STD until i met this man. So now i am so humiliated that he would do me like this. All the redness, soreness, blisters, aching. Myself can't sleep at nights, so stressed out that this happened to me. I am telling him and i can be don't give two f***s about me or this happened to me. My body aches all night and i am not sleeping good or anything. The pain is really bad and the outbreak is really nasty looking. My life is ruined and i am scared of meeting any man that comes my way. I am so hurting that i got tears falling from my face. He really did hurt me and its over for good. I need some advice about this situation.

• Posted

Wow, I'm so glad I found this post. I recently got told I might have herpes. I had the same symptoms as you both as well. So now I'm wondering if it is BV. Can you find the Pearl stuff and other medication you were talking about at health food stores? I'm still waiting for my rest results. I really hope they come back negative!!
    • Posted

What were your test results because I'm in the exact same boat right now and I need some other advice
    • Posted

I'm sorry to be so late responding to this but was wondering if you got youd results. i was tested after two negative tests but all the symptoms fonally told I am postive for Herpes.
    • Posted

BV and herpes have similar symptoms. If your doctor told you it was herpes then it was probably herpes. Herpes outbreaks can be so minimal that some people don't even notice them.
  • Posted

I've had the exact same symptoms but the pain of the irritation and everything is bad. It hurts so bad I literally cry. But the doctor looked and said I have herpes and tested me for any other STDs but I haven't had sex with my boyfriend in 2 weeks and he is negative for any STDs. Is it possible that I just have BV and not herpes?
    • Posted

Did you ever get your test results back because I'm in the exact same boat as you right now and I'm so confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.