Change of medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Following a heart attack in January, my GP discontinued Tamsulosin with all its side effects. I now take Permixon to treat my benign prostate enlargement problem. So far encouraging results with no side effects. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Looked very encouraging.  I will have a chat with my GP. Thank you for sharing.

• Posted

No retrograde ejaculation?  That would be nice!
    • Posted

Hm.  I am seeing the urologist for them to pass a camera up me next wednesday so I think I'll ask about this.

The comparitive studies were much the same.

I'm fortunate that while I do get retrograde ejaculation I erection problems and have an orgasm fairly quickly when I want to. 

it's more under control than it used to be!

• Posted

Mike - is Permoxin better than tamsolosin? I have been on tamsolosin for 7 years but it makes me bruise easily and is worrying me as I am now 65. I believe I must change at 70 years old.

thanks for reply in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.