Candesartan making me ill ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been on candesartan for a month and have been feeling really ill, palpitations.dizzyness faint feelings bad heads . Anybody else like this? Or is it something else?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dizziness and faint feeling are common side effects. But some peoples bodies react differently to the drug than others. I'll just say to go to the doctor or the person who perscribed this to you just to make sure. I dont know.....might be an allergic reaction.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew I was on candesartan 8mg  I also felt ill, dizzyness, bad headaches , joint pain and terrible nightmares I stopped taking them and after a couple of day's felt better went back to  doctor took me off them and I'm now on on Losartan 12.5 mg
  • Posted

Candesartan controls my blood pressure well, but it has given me nasal congestion so severe that my wife tells me it is as if I had sleep apnoea, from which I do not suffer. I am seeing my GP this week to see if I can find an alternative.
  • Posted

Had all of that but its slowly going. On 16mg. For me the benefits greatly outweigh the side effects. Tiredness is the worst but I'm slowly getting over that too.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew, you don’t say why you take this drug,

if you cannot be a normal person, then chuck then in the bin.

I have loads of health problems 4 heart attacks 2 bypass operations double pneumonia twice and just had an ICD pacemaker fitted in Dec all these problems have been on going since my first heart attack in 1984 I am now 73. I have taken all these drugs that member talk about and they have all made me very ill the last one was candesartan, within a few days of taking it I became very weak with terrible head aches could not think striate, there was no way I could have wrote this to you as it took my brain over, in fact I became a frail weak geriatric old man and I have to say I’m pretty fit for my age as my mind still thinks I’m 30. Today been out in the garden all morning done some heavy work and I feel good. So I have to say I think no matter what my doctor say if any drug they give me make me ill and chair bound and cannot be a near normal person I refuse to take it and I have told my cardiologist this and I have to say he agreed with me. The only drugs I take now is warfarin and aspirin

I hope you come back you me and tell ur problems all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.