Dizzy spells and yawning breathing feeling

Posted , 11 users are following.

This keeps coming and going just wondering anyone else get this all a sudden headspin/dizzyness feeling and also a kinda can't breathe unless I yawn or my breathing feels like I'm yawning if that makes sence It's kind of exhausting me

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Steph take a look at my posts. I yawn to breathe when I'm struggling. You are suffering classic anxiety. Everyghjng you post most of us Endure. Go and see your GP.
  • Posted

hi Steph. dizziness/shortness of breath (SOB)/exhaustion/anxiety and especially a need to YAWN are all symptoms of b12 deficiency. have a look at the Pernicous Anaemia Society (PAS) website & compare your symptoms on there. PA is a common but very under diagnosed & very debilitating condition. it affects multiple systems & depending on it's severity can cause horrible mental health symptoms like anxiety/depression/memory problems etc..

very best wishes

Caitlin

• Posted

Steph you keep posting over and over again, getting replies which you are ignoring, I do not mean to be unkind as I know how hard anxiety can be but am wondering whether you actually want to accept what people say or are enjoying being miserable. go and see your GP and try to calm down. I was anxious and worried but stopped googling, accepted that there is nothing wrong with me and am now getting on with life, all the palpitations and headaches have gone apart from those due to menopause. Not sure how old you are but you will waste your life and alienate everyone around you constantly being so obsessed with your health. Not sure whether you are on anti depressents but citalpram especially is well documented for causing dizzy spells and being spaced out as I am sure the rest of this type of drug is. Smile and be happy, take a deep breath and go for a nice walk, look at the flowers, smile at birds anything but stop worrying.
    • Posted

Im not ignoring my replies I read them to calm me down .

I Don not enjoy been miserable but I do like reassurance as many people post constantly on here anyways if it was as easy to just go out and have a walk then I would be out doing that been happy and I wouldn't have anxiety but instead I have got anxiety and not on any meds because my doctor won't give me non because I had a reaction to them and he said its not worth it so glad that your symtoms have cleared off but u have been told by my cbt worker I will have anxiety for life and it will never fully go which yes I have to deal with but writing on here and been reassured helps me

• Posted

Hi Steph,

I'm sorry to hear what your going through, I know how you feel. The thing is with anxiety it makes you think you have everything under the sun wrong with you, because it makes you feel so bad. I was convinced there was something wrong with my heart for months because I was experiencing flutters and all sorts, (the mind can be a powerful thing) I ended up googling my symptoms and before I knew it I thought I had a heart problem, which I've come to realise that I obviously don't. I don't Google anything anymore and I've noticed a pattern of when and where my attacks happen. And I know being reassured helps but if something was seriously wrong with you, you would have known by now.

Even though you will have anxiety for the rest of your life, you can get it under control and live a normal life, don't let it consume you. Get angry with it.

Take care, lovely.Xxx

• Posted

I wonder if this is what I have I went to Dr for dizziness and being tired all the time .. I Google stuff I find weird things wrong but Dr swears nothing is wrong ... hmmmm maybe It is
    • Posted

Do you snore? I had dizzy spells and tired all the time. I kept hearing everything is fine also.You could have sleep apnea. You would need a sleep study to diagnose it.

Hope you can figure it out.

Ann

• Posted

Hi Arya.  

I'm wondering if your vitamin b12 is low. perhaps you could have it checked. however do bear in mind that the NHS test/s available (i.e. the serum b12 test) is not defenitive. it has a 50% failure rate. that means there is a 50%  false positive result. however, despite  the NICE guidelines suggesting that the symptoms of b12 be treated and not the the actual serum blood  tests, however, GP's still respond to the b 12  results rather than the actual  presenting symptoms. i suggest that you  have a look at the 'Healthuncovered'/PAS web site as it gives very accurate information.  hope things get better for you. 

• Posted

I agree 100% with Youngatheart. Steph if you want to discuss your symptoms then respond to those who are trying to support you. We are all in the same boat and live with this every day. I'm having a really bad day today but I distract myself as much as possible. Discussion helps. Constant repetitive posting doesn't. Ask your GP to do some blood tests as it may be that you are deficient in vitamin B12 as suggested. I may also be but unfortunately until I can control my fear of GP's and medication I can't have the blood tests. They were scheduled for last Thursday but I had a massive panic attack as I was due to leave and couldn't go through with it. I got news today that I've been accepted for face to face CBT. I'm now focussing on that. Keep to one discussion thread instead of numerous posts. That way you'll get more responses and support. It's easy to ignore posts when we feel that our support is not being recognised. Not trying to be mean. Just trying to help you.
    • Posted

been following this recent thread with interest. really good to hear u have a CBT appoint. craftylady, especially since u can't partake of meds or GP help. i hope it goes really well for u.

all good wishes on the journey.

Caitlin

• Posted

Thank You Caitlin. I'm hoping this will help a great deal and remove my phobias to allow me to be normal again. X
    • Posted

If I don't write back it's either because my Internet is not giving notifications or I feel a lot better from reading the response so I leave it until my anxiety is low so I can write back and won't start myself into a panic attack Again or start my symtoms off once they have eased maybe I have just got into a habit of this been my rant it all out so I calm down
  • Posted

Yes.  I do.  I get very dizzy. have been to several doctors thinking its heart related and everyone thinks I am nuts.   I have to figure out how to handle this anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.