Erythromelalgia/Mitchell's disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am a 34 year old and was diagnosed 2year ago with Erythromelalgia. I was wondering if they was any other suffers of this horrible un-researched disease. Has anyone ever even heard of the disease. As they is only a few doctors know of it. I feel so alone and with no treatment management and certainly no cure, I finding it hard to except and deal with.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Donna. I do not know anything abou this. I am sorry.
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I have Primary Erythromelalgia

I was diagnosed back in 2007.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have

Viv

• Posted

Hi Donna.  I have just noticed your post.  I was diagnosed recently with erythromelalgia by a vascular consultant.  He has prescribed Nebivlol (beta blocker) and an antidepressant that helps with pain called Duloxatine.  I have taken the Nebivolol for 3 nights now and will continue with this alone to see if I get relief from the burning toes.  If not I will add in the antidepressant to see if a combination of meds will help.  I think you will definitely need treatment to get relief from this awful condition.
  • Posted

This condition is aggravated by warthm, on ambulation with closed shoes, under bed covers.  It is due to excessive vasodilation (widening of the blood vessels) in the toes and feet.  The buning pain episodes may las for minutes or hours, or remain constant for a long period of time.  

Relieving factors: wear open toe shoes, exposing the extremity to cool air, ice water or elevation may help to provide some relief.  However, symptoms may response to taking an Enteric coated Aspirin  325mg twice daily.  Do not take any aspirin if you have an history of GI bleeding or GI ulcers.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.