Living with mastocytosis and Lobular Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a mastectomy 3 months ago. I was injected with steroids before the general aneathestic. I am continuously coming out in hives on my legs and have almost eliminated all foods besides fruit, vegetables, bread, and tea. I am currently taking 3 loratadine tables 10mg each per day. I also take I also take 20mg tamoxifen everyday. The hives come and go and have tried food elimination but it does not seem to be working. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I have cutaneous mastocytosis and have this for about 8 years. I am not sure if you have the same

problem as me.

I have the light brown spots which are some times itchy.

I have found if the shower is to hot this can make my skin very itchy.

• Posted

I am no expert, but as I understand it, loratadine is an H1 antihistamine, if histamine is the issue, ask your doctor, or you can buy them over the counter, add a H2 antihistamine, like ranitidine ?  I am not a doctor so I would check with your gp if you have any concerns.
    • Posted

Hello thank you for your advice. I take Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10 mg only when I feel like I need it .

It helps to stop my skin itiching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.