Post Vasectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Im 35 yr male (obviously) Just looking for a bit of advice - had a vasectomy a week ago, the left side was quite painful during the op to the point it made me loudly say OW during the procedure. They gave more anaesthetic and carried on. The right side, no issue or pain.

A week on and I am still finding the left side rather painful, there is small swelling above the testicle and its still sore to touch, and aches, especially if i have been on my feet for a bit, which will cause pain when i walk too. I know timescales for healing is different for everyone, but I was hoping that by now I would not feel restricted on my daily activities. I have been fortunate that I have been on leave from work and due back in friday, I have an active job, and really not sure how i will cope with being on my feet for hours and possibly taking a knock to my testicles.

Just wondering really what others experiences are to do with recovery.

thanks

J

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some years ago I had a slight (but painful) internal infection after my vasectomy which require be to be treated with antibiotics.

I am not saying that is necessarily true in your case, but a trip down to your doctor is well advised.

• Posted

I was still walking carefully up to the 2 weeks post op.... They still felt sensitive and sore..... But they soon returned to normal after the 2 weeks....
  • Posted

I was still walking carefully up to the 2 weeks post op.... They still felt sensitive and sore..... But they soon returned to normal after the 2 weeks....
  • Posted

I was off work for 4 weeks - my wound didn't heal and my left side was still very swolen.

It's early yet, but if it gets worse, go to the GP.

I'm still in agonising pain 2.5 years later. Tough say the GP's.

• Posted

As you rightly say timescales can vary for each individual but you're just a week post surgery so I wouldn't be too concerned.

This early on I'd say nothing majorly to worry about - if it red and inflamed then maybe an infection but the only way to tell is to get yourself to the GP for an examination where they can decide if a course of antibiotics may help...just don't forget to complete the course.

If your GP doesn't ask for one then maybe suggest / ask for a urine sample to be tested to rule in / out infection.

Although I only had mine done in 2012 I can't recall when the post op pain subsided as it did seem like on blended in to the other.

Best bet get to the GP for a check up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.