Post-vasectomy PAIN

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 days after a no-scalpel vasectomy, I have significant bi-lateral pain in my right testical, abdomen and back. Doc says it is just recovering from the surgery, said I should take 600mg Advil every six hours for 5 days.  I'm worried this is the start of post-vasectomy pain syndrome.  Anybody experience this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bit early yet. Give it a couple if weeks at least.

Do keep going to GP

• Posted

standard recovery from a vasectomy can take a while, so don't worry yourself needlessly at this stage.

Ouchy has given you the best bit of advice in as much keep going to the GP - if the pain is too much then don't be afraid to ask for a stronger pain killer

• Posted

Follow up:  signifcant pain for 2 weeks finally subsided the day I was to return to the vasectomy doc.  Still have bilateral soreness and tenderness and I'm in no rush to exercise, but it's not bothering me at night and overall the swelling above and behind the right testicle has abated. 

What's odd was that there was no pain or significant swelling in the left side.  Only the right.

Very relieved and looking forward to a complete recovery.

• Posted

Brilliant news :-) hope the recovery continues for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.