nightmares

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am currently taking 100mg of quetiapine , been on it for about 6 weeks , i have started having very vivid nightmares , 3 to 4 times a night they wake me up as they seem so real , im glad to wake up just so i know its only a dream , but whilst in the dream i feel all the sensations , the other night i dreamnt that i was being atacked by a brown bear and i could feel it grab me and start biting me , i woke shaking sweating full of anxiety , if thats not bad enough as it , has anyone else had this as i would love to know          

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am on quetiapine plus others; i think it helps me sleep, but i did wake up from a vivid dream, almost a nightmare.
  • Posted

Very interesting!  My doctor gave me this med for my depression and other stuff instead of something else because I mentioned having nightmares.  I have only been taking it 9 days so I have limited experience, but I haven't had any bad dreams, which were almost nightly before.  I have been reading a lot of posts about this drug and it seems that everyone has different experiences.  
  • Posted

Its on and off for me. I remember taking only a small does (25mg) of seroquel and having very vivid dreams. You wake up and almost need to sit there for a few minutes to suddenly realise what you dreamt didn't actually happen the night before... Its definitley a side effect.. I've never had actual nightmares on it, just crazy seem-so-real dreams. Hope that helps!
  • Posted

I had some really vivid, frightening nightmares when I started treatment but this passed fairly quickly for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.