3 year old daughter!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, my daughter has molluscum underneath her chin around one side of her neck. She has had it for a few months and it's now starting to spread on to her shoulders. They were skin coloured at first like little pearls, but they keep getting red.

I don't feel I can use tweezers or a needle as she is so young.

Also heard something in the UK no more itchy skin or something.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My 5 year old daughter had around 90 of these over her body. I went to the doctors a couple of times but was told like many of you that there is nothing they can give.  As it looked a little like chicken pox I wondered if calamine lotion would work. A friend suggested using the acqueous calamine cream as it doesn't dry out the skin so much. I used this and within a couple of weeks they had all dried up and gone. It could be a coincidence and maybe they were on their way out but if you are as desperate as I was you will try anything. It cant harm your child and it doesn't sting (we tried the tea tree oil and plaster but it hurt too much). Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha

Did you have any luck with the calamine cream, my son is 4 and developed a few spots 6 weeks ago but is covered in his belly now but like you I'm not wanting to use tweezers and docs said it will just go

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear your son has this, yes the cream worked for us, my daughter had had the spots for about 7 months and they were starting to appear under her chin so I was getting g desperate, docs said nothing they could give. I tried the Aqueous calamine cream as it doesn't dry out the skin so much. I put loads on at night and again in the morning and they seemed to dry up very quickly. It's worth a try as it doesn't cost much and doesn't hurt at all. Good luck, let me know if it works. Sam

• Posted

Thanks very much for replying. Anything is worth a go it's so disheartening when docs say there's no treatment.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.