IBS attacks make me sleep from 36 to 48 hours straight, & very depressed. Anyone else??

Posted , 9 users are following.

My family, especially my husband, can't believe that anyone can sleep for 36-48 hours straight. Anyone else out there like me? Thanks for sharing.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it sounds to me that it is the depression from the attacks that is making you sleep so long not the IBS. Hope you can sort it out .
  • Posted

Sweetie, have you ever talked to your doctor about this? It really sounds to me like you have depression. But I can't diagnose you over the internet. You need to see your doctor.x
    • Posted

I am depressed I'm bipolar actually. 

But this is the first time I've ever slept like this, and both my doctors know.

• Posted

This sounds a very long time to sleep for me.

Do you not have to eat or drink or go to the toilet for 36 - 48 hours?

Sounds as if there is something else going on.

Hope you are able to sort this out.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

On me is quite the opposite, I have insomnia (because of IBS)....

Tell me whats hapening after sleeping 36-48 hours straight, is it repetas (how many hours do you sleep in the perod of one week?                        

• Posted

Thanks so much for the feedback, my new friends smile

Yes, I do get up to snack and use the bathroom, but then I am right back to sleep. If I absolutely have to force myself to be up and about, I have to go back to square one with the recovery time. I wonder if my Celiac disease is responsible for the total exhaustion. I have been on meds for clinical depression for 19 yrs now. Maybe I need to change meds.

I was hoping that others might be having similar symptoms. Now I'm concerned about what else is wrong with me!!! Ah well, on with the battle!

Thanks again, and God Bless!!!

• Posted

Nice to hear back from you..

Ofcourse you are concerned about what is wrong with you.

That is fine.

A lot of people may be saying to you do not worry.

I would not say that.

It is only when you admit to yourself that you are worried that you can begin to deal with the fear.

I consider myself very fortunate that I have never been a worrier, but I do understand that other people do worry about things, and I think that is fine.

Don't pretend it's all OK, Deal with the fear.

Thinking of you lots.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

i can sleep upto 24 hours, but IBS will not allow you to sleep more than 7 hours
  • Posted

I have been doing this kind of sleeping for about 6-8 weeks, but I don;t know what's causing it??

• Posted

so good to hear its not just me. I have been diagnosed with ME but the othes i talk to dont sleep this long Debbie x

• Posted

Hello!  I hope you get this!  and I hope that we can figure out what is going on with us!  I do the same exact thing!!!   I just woke up from a 36 hour sleep.  No food, no bathroom.  I never associated it with my IBS before but I will definitely be looking into it.  I've read up on KLS,  Narcolepsy,  Lupus... so many different things.  I've had two bone marrow biopsies in the last six years because I have so many things wrong.  I hope when you get this that you've had good news.  I am here though if you need to talk!  It's frustrating and frightening because you never know when you go to sleep when you will wake up again sad  I'm glad I found you because it's pretty lonely when you have literally no answers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.