Do I have klinefelter's? Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 4 months ago, I read a text about klinefelter's syndrome in my biology book, and ever since then I've suspected I have it (why did I have to read that text!?!?!?). I feel depressed about it, knowing that I may not be normal or even have kids in the future...

My symptoms:

-Fat on belly seems to gather on the lovehandles almost only

-Uneaven teeth size, with a gap in my middle teeths (called tauro-something?)

-Feminine distribution of pubishair (however my dad is a very hairy man so could it have came from him?)

-maybe having bad bones, cause I've broken my arm twice

-Feels like I've had less energy lately (last months)

-Minor concentration problems

-Pretty long legs compared to rest of body

-Not sure if this is a symptom, but i have thight foreskin and short glans strand. 

-Not really sure if this also is a symptom, but i have breasts, but they are made of muscles and they are shaped in a manly way (i used to do a lot uf push-ups)

But the thing that makes me feel that I don't have KS is that my testicles are of normal size (25ml each, met with orchidometer). I've read that all people with KS have very small testicles, like 1-10ml, so I feel kinda strange that I have many symptoms, and still the most important symptom I don't have. Also, I'm very hairy, have good beard growth for my age (17) and I am kind of muscular.

Can I have KS, even tough my testicles are 25ml each, or do I have any other syndrome?

Please answer, because I can't stand feeling this way, and I don't want to go to a doctor (mostly because IF I have it, I wouldn't dare tell it to gf). I'm very thankful for any answer!! Thanks in forehand! smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Another symptom: sometimes I have a feeling of exclusion, even though I have very nice friends.

Not sure if useful, but I am very good at math and have a easy time learning stuff.

That smiley looks very greedy, didn't want it to look like that...

• Posted

I'm not sure if this is too personal, but do any of you know a KS person who dont have small testicles?
  • Posted

I think you are playing a game here darmond42039, unless I am very much mistaken you have already been told on another medium that you do not have the symptoms of KS but, just to be on the safe side, consult your gp who will be able to conduct the necessary tests.

• Posted

Hi Darmond,

You don't have KS, the main symptom is that you do not produce Testosterone, this you have small testes and cannot grow body or facial hair.

Aged 17, I had not yet reached puberty, no muscle mass and my arms much longer than my body (not legs).

Go see a doctor as you cannot get a diagnosis over the internet - it sounds like you are depressed, that causes weight gain and most of the other 'symptoms' on your list.

Paul

• Posted

Have you had a blood test to find out if you have 47 chromosomes or do you have 46. You might have klinefelter's or kallmann syndrome. Or a mosaic klinefelter's, which means you may have xy/xxy. Some physical traits of klinefelter's but not all of them. I've known one xy/xxy, who had normal testes but was extremely tall. He didn't tell me what medical tests he took in order to find out he was a mosaic xxy/xy. Maybe your doctor could help you in your search if you have xxy or klinefelter's. Don't be depressed. You may cause more physical harm to your body if you worry too much. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.