lumps in throat, bloating, lots of mucous, stomach cramping and pressure, can't burp

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi. Im 42 yrs old and have been suffering for over a year now. I recently lost 50 lbs on purpose. It started when I started feeling a lump in my throat. a few weeks later the top of my stomach began burning. then regurgitating foods. If I dont eat, I get bloated with tons of pressure in my abdomen. Feelings of burping but cant. now its all the same but i can burp if i flex my stomach muscles a certain way. Throat is still swollen but now lots of mucous. sinus is full of mucous too. Ears hurt and lots of pressure. recently its gotten better but now Im feeling dizzy and headaches often. i feel like I'm dying. Its making me very depressed. I began meditating and relaxing more. doctor said he thinks i have allergies. I dont think thats it. pineapple used to kind of calm it or make me burp. Ive taken probiotics. super high quality digestion suppliments. Licorice root. all the OTC meds make acid which i dont feel normally. I'M AT MY WHITS end. sometimes i feel liike giving up on life from this. 

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

John,

I'm curious as to the rest of your diet, what do you eat on an average day?

I've had all of the above symptoms in the past, as they tend to be related.

I know for me, when i quit carbs and sugar, the lump in my throat went in about a week and my reflux cleared which i had been struggling with for years, i never dreamed in a million years that sugar would be the culprit of my reflux, which it was literally 14 years on and off. I find any kind of processed food has a similar effect.

One possibility is some kind of bacterial overgrowth (candida, possibly). The bacteria will thrive on sugars, which will trigger the reflux or stomach issues and in turn will affect allergies, sinus infections, ear infections, headaches and the dizziness too. They are all related. 

You can either go to a Dr and be tested for it, or do some testing yourself.

It's an easy test, just drop all carbs and sugars for a couple of weeks, basically the GAPS diet. Eat non-starchy vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish and meat. And see what happens. My only advice when dropping carbs and sugars, is watch out for irritability and mood swings etc. Refined sugar is like a drug, there will be side effects from dropping it, especially if you go cold turkey, the fact you have been consuming it most of your life.

Refined sugars were never meant to be part of the human diet. Having the fiber stipped from refined sugar, means a different impact on your adrenal glands, and pancreas, problems with insulin resistance etc. Refined sugars have now crept into nearly every food we consume daily from cereals, breads, and tons of other foods. 

This is my only advice for you. This worked for me, it may not work for you, but at this point, what do you have to lose. Have a quick read up on the gaps diet. And you will see thousands of personal testimonies from people who have found relief from numerous issues like stomach problems, reflux, sinus infections, mental clarity like brain fog etc.

Keep studying on nutrition, and the foods you are consuming, you will find answers.

Good luck, hope you get better soon.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. Ive tried different diets and I eat pretty healthy. I only drink water. i dont eat sweets and only organic veggies. I do eat some bread and wheat products. thought maybe it was gluten intolerance but even cutting that didnt help. I will look into candida. thought it could be that too. 
  • Edited

Hi john

I feel your pain. My emotions are in the same realm as yours. I've had all your symptoms. My worst one though is the inability to breathe normally (can't take a deep breath most of the time, lung capacity feels very restricted, lots of gas In stomach/bowels which makes me burp continuously for anything up to 6 hours at a time although now it's much less than that). So although breathing is done by the lungs my breathing issue is linked to my digestion. These past 16 months have been absolute hell. But I feel that I am getting somewhere finally. It took me a while to stop the sweet stuff even honey. So there is hope, once you figure out the correct formula for your body you will recover. Your body wants to be well - I know it doesn't feel like that right now. I still have hope as I have seen improvements in my health since changing my diet and doing various other things plus also seen some crazy things in my stool which makes me think that I must be doing something right. (Sorry I know it's a disgusting subject). Things that have helped me are diet, coffee enemas, yoga, infrared sauna (built one at home) meditation.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on. We will get there! We re together in this

• Posted

Thank you. Yes I've had the breathing thing too. Thought I had copd but don't smoke. That has kind of gone away. Stress has been another concern and I've really been working on that. For me the biggest thing now is pressure in my throat that goes to my ears and makes me think irrationally. I've had thoughts of ending my life even though I absolutely love life and am the happiest I've ever been. Usually goes away after a few hours. But yes. Hell is a good way of putting it
    • Posted

John I too have had those thoughts - but hold on to the times you don't feel like that and know that it won't last. You WILL get better.
    • Edited

I have the breathing thing too!  Ever since I started getting acid problems its like my lung capacity diminished, I don't really breath deeply anymore and I think I am going to die...

I read that it could be a chemical type of pneumonia caused by acid getting in the lung during sleep...but this sounds far fetched to me...

signed...miserably waiting to die.

• Posted

Hi mthorn25. It's horrendous isn't it? Do certain foods trigger it off for you? Mine is always there except it gets so much better when I take antibacterials/antifungals and probiotics to the point that I can actually leave the house to go to the shop. The thing is - it comes back again And I'm trying to find the right formula. Have the doctors given you anything?
    • Posted

mine just started, so I haven't figured it all out yet...

Alcohol really makes it bad so I am stopping drinking. 

I also love spicy food, like very spicy...

I also love sugar.

I also love salt.

etc.etc.etc

• Posted

Sounds very similar to the stuff I loved. Alcohol, sugar, spicy food. You could always try taking garlic and see if that helps you? That has been a life line for me
    • Posted

i have breathing problems too. its too difficulty for me to breath, i have a feeling like something's stuck in my throat too, i have taken some meds to reduce the amount of acid produced by my stomach.. i just don't know.. i feel bad. i wish i had the money to go for a proper check up. (crying)

• Edited

Hi John

Mate, I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with silent reflux back in January (plus Barrttets Oesophagus). I went to the doctor as I had a lump sensation in my throat which I just put down to stress. Anyway, I've completely changed my diet - no coffee, no chocolate, no alcohol (I've had 2 alcoholic beers in 6 months), low fat diet. I've lost almost 2 stones. However, even though I've done this, I still get the lump in the throat and chest pains on a daily basis. I thought I had a cold recently but now i'm sure I have the mucous problem too. Dr has recently increased the PPIs from 30 mg to 60 mg a day! By the way, I had no acid reflux symptoms UNTIL after my endoscopy. Coincidence, who knows, maybe it was coming anyway.

As a treat I used to eat wine gums/jelly babies until I went for a bioresonance scan (thought I'd try it). The first thing the scan said was that I was sugar intolerant. Great, now I'm on a months sugar free diet. So bored. There was a bunch of other foods intolerances as well, one of which was honey....I'd been eating manuka honey for a while. 

Maybe give up sugar for a while and see what happens. Meds I'm trying are DGL, pro-biotic, digestive enzymes, slippery elm, lansoprazole. The lady who gave me the bioresonance scan put me on some meds called ecobalance but i've only taken these for a few days.

The only other thing I can think of is the theory that reflux is caused by too little acid and perhaps you could investigate it. Google small intestional bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and breath testing for it. If you talk to your Dr about it they may mistake you for a witch and burn you at the stake!!!!

I understand that I need to make lifestyle changes which is annoying but necessary, however, when you make all the changes and the problem stays it does make you feel depressed. Good luck and keep us informed on any success you may have.

Cheers

S

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

What meds you taking ? 
    • Posted

I'm no doctor but ppi drugs don't like me at all they are a short term fix so I am trying pinenut oil  but most important testing my diet I have only had 1 reflux in 3 weeks since came off ppi  medication !

what I'm doing is stopping all foods that supposed to cause reflux cut down on portions then reintroduce 1 of the foods a week if acid returns stop taking for good so far I'm chocalate and hot spice curry  banned but building my diet back to near normal had to cut down on beer keeping away from fizzy larger/drinks  the lump in the throat feeling thankfully has gone for now .

im taking pinenut oil gels twice a day things seem to be on the up at the moment.. it's finding those trigger food and drinks that hurt you that's the key  ,9weeks into this things are getting better.

hope you find your triggers soon you will get there !

it's hard work just finding the right job for the cure . 

Regards Trev

• Posted

I won't take meds unless I feel it will save my life. For now the natural way is the only way for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.