Is there anyone who have operated cholesteatoma with laser in gloucester?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am from Asia country where is so far from Uk . I heard one doctor from gloucester is good in laser treatment . So,I am coming to treat by him on june . I would like to ask that is there anyone in this group who have been treated in gloucester with laser? If yes, i would like u to share of your experiences and conditions after treatment . Because,I am not sure whether am i right or not to come UK . In my country,There is no experimental ENT doctors in cholesteatoma . I appreciate your suggestions and comments for my choice . Thank you guys..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I researched him too but my doctors said that they could not get hold of him to do mine for some reason. He sounds good and works around the bones with the lazer so most likely to keep your hearing and less chance of recurrence apparently and of infection.

Is this privately paid as he works both nhs and private I was told.

• Posted

Thanks for ur shares. I also know him through groups memebers. By the way,what means it is privately paid?
  • Posted

Hi tiffiny

I was very interested to read your post and wondered if you had your cholesteatoma removed by laser and if so how it went. My son has a c-toma and is so worried, but he is  hopeful now that we have  found a surgeon who uses laser surgery to remoce  c-toma.

If you still using this forum I would be very grateful to hear

Thank you 

• Posted

hi jay ,

just read ur post my son 12 year is suffering fr c toma started with a pain and now its 4 months i m fr north america i want to know if laser is possible in this case kindly suggest doc which r doing with laser it would be great if u can share 

• Posted

Hi erumsham,

We are in the UK and under Mr John Hamilton who is one of the few surgeons using laser surgery to remove a c-toma. We went to Gloucester, in the UK to see him and the surgery is planned for next year. I will let you know how it goes and sent you a link to his website if you would like. 

• Posted

hi

thx for replying and giving info abt laser kindly send the link so i can have more view abt it so the surgury is next year or have u read anything abt laser surgury how does it goes with c toma or any other discussions kindly share 

thx

• Posted

Hi Jay43019, I have just been diagnosed with a c-toma at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital.  I do need to check if they have a laser to remove a c-toma, and if not need to consider other options potentially.  Did you travel far to get to Gloucester?  Trying to work out logistics of getting surgery out of town, follow ups etc.
  • Posted

Hi

if you would like to keep in touch and let me know how you get on that wouls be nice.

All the best J

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details or they can be found by searching for the name in a search engine such as Google.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi there

Would you consider updating via private message re your experience with laser/Mr Hamilton?

We are on our 3rd reoccurence so now looking for further options.

Thank you

• Posted

I did go to see him but decided against laser for many reasons one of them being that it was a far drive from Scotland to go. Also I know my NHS surgeon fairly well. But my surgeon did tell that he is very good at his job.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.