Propranolol and agitation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I take propranolol for essential tremor.  My Dr upped my dosage to 60 mg daily and I've been so agitated since the increase.  Has this affected anyone else this way?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I took 80mg slow release for about 3 months and didn't feel agitated. I think the slow release ones are more likely to cause this as they wear off quicker.
  • Posted

Karen Im on 10mg ......do they work for you?
    • Posted

At first 10mg helped.  Especially with hand tremor, not much with head tremor.  However I now find I need to increase dose.  I didn't like how the long lasting propranolol made me feel.

• Posted

I've had some agitation but not sure if it's the prozac or propranolol...I've noticed feeling weaker and heavy headed, some sickness in my stomach too...not sure which is causing which...pretty miserable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.