New to Seziures

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a 19 year old college male studnet, about two weeks ago i've had my first Seziure. My neurologist told me that i cant return to work because im on a 3 month watch, also i cant drive. Im a roofer in the summer and make good money for it. My doctor told me that i could return to work if my EEG came back fine, which it did. I drink heavly on the weekends and the weekend before it happend i only drank alcohol on that friday... so im wondering if it was caused by not drinking that saturday and being barely hydrated, but my EEG came back with no seziure activity, which im highly confused. If anyone has had similar problems..anything would help! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Rarriaga,

Our bodies are wonderfully made by Almighty God. If one part suffers it affects the whole body. Maybe the heavy drinking was a over load to your body and being barely hydrated also. We have to drink a good deal of water each day to function well. Be happy you had no seizure activity in your EEG because being on snti-seizure meds is a nightmare. I know this. I know it is confusing but be happy for it. My EEG was clear too. I was label NEAD. It's just a word. I'm severly allergic to iodine . After a heart scan, I had my first seizure. Iodine is use as  a contrast in the test. 1 year seizures every day. Now no seizures for 3 months. I'm happy and enjoying life. Try to be kind to your body and decrease your intake of alcohol and drink more water. We have only one body in this life. I have 3 grown sons. The youngest is 23. He did alot of drinking at your age too. He is now taking more care of himself. More awareness as he gets older. The best. Keep me posted. 

• Posted

Thank you marry50992, I appreciate it alot. I have all these test done at the hospital except my EEG, it was done at a sepreate time.
  • Posted

Dear Rarriaga,

How are you doing with anymore seizure activity? I hope it was only a one deal thing and will never happen again.

• Posted

Dear Rarriaga,

That is good news that the EEG was clear of activity. Have your seizures stopped? If so I hope it will never happen agan.  

• Posted

Hi Ya rarriaga

Check out (AWS) alcohol withdrawal syndrome? 1952 developed by British nobel prize winning biologist. I was misdiagnosed epileptic for 37 years when i infact was suffering from AWS.

My research lead me to find a paper written by an American neurologist who called in 80+ adult patients who had been diagnosed grandmal epilepsy. He found 75% were actually suffering from AWS. Another experiment in 1954 conducted by the (MOD) ministry of defence injected young new recruites with Ethanol in an attempt to recreate what we would call dutch courage. They stopped the experiment after 12hrs due to that number again 75% began to suffer major seizures described as 10x more severe than epileptic seizures.

If it does turn out to be AWS its no big deal? it simply means you have to abstain from alcohol to remain seizure free.

Wishing you all the best.

Allan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.