How do treat rosacea?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on erythromycin anti biotics for 2 weeks now with no changes to my red cheeks and forehead. Got told by my GP to use E45 moisturiser yet this reddens my face even more. Anyone any ideas or do I persist on using tablets & E45 cream?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I find the only thing that works for me is metrogel . I only use it when my face is really bad ,also i dont use soap on my face.The ony moisuriser i can use is number 7 from boots. The sun is really bad for rosacea so cover up.Hope it improves.
  • Posted

I have recently been to see a dermatologist. It was a free half hour consultation. He confirmed it was Rosacea and as he uses laser treatment I thought he would advise this as a course of treatment.

i bought cetaphil face cleanser and moisturiser which is very good but I asked the dermatologist had he heard of anything else.he did not try to sell it to me but I bought the products.rosacure gel face cleanser then synchro rose fast trpv1 and synchro rose intensive spf30 moisturiser from him.

it has helped a lot but you have to use it twice a day.

also whether a male or female you can buy bare minerals powder or foundation which is also used for cancer sufferers as there is nothing nasty in it. It gives you full cover and certainly gives you the confidence you lose when a flare up comes. 

Also eat foods high in lysine or take a supplement from the health food shop. You can eat any amount of foods containing lysine but I was only advised to take the suppliment of 1000mg per day this apparently makes the amino acid you lack start to produce more.

I do not think that you should be using e45 as it will block your pores and not help at all.

good luck

• Posted

Lucine supplement only taken for 7 days
  • Posted

I'm using Minocycline  antibiotics. I use doublebase moisturising cream every day. I also use Rosex cream or gel when I have flare-ups. You should also use sunscreen every day even in winter as the sun can cause flare-ups. It takes a lot longer than 2 weeks for the treatment to work and sometimes you have to keep trying other treatments until you find the one that works for you. My skin is doing ok at the moment although I still have some redness if I get too hot or cold.
    • Posted

Minocycline helped keep the redness from my eyes, but now I'm just using the metrogenole gel, The derm told me getting it right on that cheekbone below the eye, and it can effect the eyes measureably.  I was careful not to have any dairy nearly three hours before or after taking the minocycline, and I suspect tetracycline is the same.  It will not work otherwise.  Dairy blocks it.

• Posted

Minocycline helped keep the redness from my eyes, but now I'm just using the metrogenole gel, The derm told me getting it right on that cheekbone below the eye, and it can effect the eyes measureably.  I was careful not to have any dairy nearly three hours before or after taking the minocycline, and I suspect tetracycline is the same.  It will not work otherwise.  Dairy blocks it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.