Pruritus Ani

Posted , 8 users are following.

So i've been having it for like 15days now and its really stressful.I've got a itchybottom and it mostly appears at night before i fall asleep.I took pills about worms but they didn't work.I also have got some scratches which appeared themself and they do really hurt rolleyes I don't know what i should do. Please tell me any homemade cure which will work cause i really need to get rid of this.

Thanks x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

well there has been a lot of talk on here none seem to work

I found its worse at night and i thing its the heat under the covers and no air

I found the best thing was to take tesco one a day hayfever and allergy tablet

before going to bed as they cover rash and itching There are other makes but these were very cheap

i use wet wipes to clean hair dryer to dry and put on a nappy rash cream such as

sudocrem.

its never gone completely

• Posted

Rach like Shaun14 nothing seems to  clear this problem completley, for some reason its always worse at night, dont know why, never had worms either. with me it will start as soon as i lay down sometimes. someone suggested hear applying ice wrapped up of course as well as cleaning with wipes. i just slap on the savlon to prevent infection. it is indeed a right pain in the butt litteraly.
  • Posted

The "cuts" are probably fissures (they burn when you shower right?)

The best thing for you to do when you have A LOT of free time on your hands is to get a note pad and read a lot of the other replies and write down the suggestions.  What seemed to help me (comes and goes) is coconut oil .. aloe vera straight from the actual plant .. Penaten (baby diaper rash cream) and Ozonol .. both contain zinc.  I would just rotate those.  The zinc I think really helps.  I was also using chemical free wipes that contained witch hazel (read the labels).   If you can afford it .. go see a Naturopath and get checked for Candida .. I'm pretty sure that's what is causing it.  Reg. doctors don't believe Candida is an issue but it affects a lot of us.  I'm off sugar, yeast and alchol and it seems to be helping... hard but i'll try anything to get rid of this crazy itch.  As awkward as it sounds the ice pack does seem to give a bit of relief .. only tried that once.  Most important is trying not to scratch your butt ... it's torture ... but if you scratch it just seems to make matters worse.  Good luck Rach. 

• Posted

I used the following product for pruritis ani:

Boericke & Tafel Florasone Itch & Rash Relief Cream

and it has worked. I recommend this product very much

Good luck to you!

• Posted

Hi Kevin just seen your reply too, will buy some of this cream,today! Thanks
  • Posted

I think these problems start in the gut, eat more fruit and veg and take probiotics. Apply aloe vera to your bottom regularly throughout the day, mix some of your probiotic capsule into the aloe vera too. 

Start doing whatever you can to treat the internal candida, look on amazon for products. Definately you need to buy aloe vera, this will really soothe your bottom... i used to have this problem really bad, now i almost never notice. I only seem to notice itching now just before i need to go loo.

• Posted

Hi itchyBill, just seen this and ill try anything thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.