Colostomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone out there had a colostomy for faecal incontinence. Anyone got a colostomy done recently and how are you coping.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Susan my husband had a colostomy done after bowel cancer that was 25 Yrs ago.He found it hard to cope with for about the 1st 6 months but he eventually becàme used to it .Its a case of trial and error .good luck to you xxz
  • Posted

Hi Susan,had colostomy 5yrs ago. It's now part of my life & solved all the problems I had for years with diverticulitis. Took a while to get used to it but had lots of help from stoma nurses & the Colostomy Association closed group. If you're not al ready a member I advise you to join.x
  • Posted

Hi Susan

Hope you're well,I had a colostomy done a week today and feeling stronger each day

. I have had fantastic support from family ,my stomach nurse , and securi care , positive attitude

and building the confidence will get me through this difficult time,Susan how are you going please take care be positive Del xxx

• Posted

Hi Derek,

So pleased you are making progress. Do you mind if i ask what was the reason for your colostomy. Are you still in hospital? How painful has it been and how good do the bags prevent leakages. I just cannot get my head around the idea at all. Each time i have an accident i become more housebound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.