head, neck pain & spaced out for 6 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi as anyone else experienced the same? I've been like for 6 weeks now. The spaces out feeling as been constant 24/7 and is starting to driving me insane & feel like I'm going mad sad I'm just waiting to have my MRI on the 20th june

thanks anita

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anita, yes me too. I had an MRI 3 yrs ago, all clear. Mine is down to tight muscles I think in the back of neck and jaw. Still trying to find a solution, but I feel your pain! Hope the MRI goes well and you find the answer. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply smile do you get alot of head pain at the back of your head & neck? did they do a MRI of your neck? xx
    • Posted

Yes, the pain is at the base of my skull, more to the left that the right, and through the left side of my face. I also get a very stiff neck and jaw but think that may be hormonal( I'm 50). I had a whole head MRI which included the neck area too xx
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

Yes definitely had head fullness, neck pain/stiffness and felt totally drunk and shattered all the time. I had an Mri which came back normal although did have bulge on c5/c6 but they said was normal for my age.

I'm 6 yrs on and still not 100% right so I would suggest if mri comes back normal then you should try physio asap to release any tight muscles.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I will definitely try the physio if all come back ok .

I just have that spaced out feeling thats like derealization where everything seems dream like sad thanks again

• Posted

hello anita361978. i was hoping you could update us on your situation. did you find anything more about what could be causing the symptoms you mentioned? i suffer from 24/7 foggy brain and pressure in head and i believe its due to tight neck muscles. as for the spaced out/derialization feeling..that could be caused be anxiety. i suffer from anxiety disorder and have experienced that feeling. hope you are doing much better now and hope you will reply and let us know how things are going.
    • Posted

Did you find out what was wrong with you Mike? I am also looking for answers. I have been dizzy for over 3 months and I have neck pain too.
  • Posted

Hi Anita

Poor you, I can understand how you feel about going mad, how did the MRI go?

I've had similar sounding sypmtons for a year and a half. I had to wait 6 months before I could get treatment for chronic pain, then there was the 3 month wait to see the neurologist and so it goes on! I've now been referred for botox migraine injections, so I'm trying to stay positive. As long as there's another road to explore I can stay strong. I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.