Simponi

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys just back from hospital seeing my RA nurse i am starting Simponi injections in due course i am on mtx 20mg injections at the moment has anyone on simponi and could give me some info about it how side effects are etc...and is this one of the expensive durgs on the market...cheers guys👊👍

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bob, I've been on Simponi injections since October last year, and find it very beneficial, and I haven't experienced any side effects so far.  I am still taking mtx weekly as well.  Best of luck!
    • Posted

Hi sue never got much responce back to my post about simponi apart from your good self is this an every two week when you inject urself with this drug...and do u have to get ur bloods took same way with taking mtx i was asked about if i have ever had TB had to get a chest xray done and bloods taken before i start on simponi just tryin to find out as much info as i can about the drug....thanks sue
  • Posted

Hi, I inject monthly, and take the mtx weekly.  My consultant says that having a blood test every 2 months is sufficient, but the company which supplies the simponi think the blood test should be monthly.  I also had to have tests for TB and other diseases before it was decided that I was eligible for the new treatment.  As to cost, I've no idea, but as far as I can make out, all the biologic treatments are quite pricey.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Posted

Hi Bob,

just wondering if you ever started on the Simponi?

Realise this thread is quite old but was wondering if you or any other users of this drug have had any side effects?

TIA  confused

• Posted

Hi goggi

I was on simponi only for a short time it was ok at first but like the mtx injections i was taking really bad sweats so came of that drug i was at my rheumy on monday past there and i am strating a new biologic drug called Tocilizumab just waiting on this drug being delivered for to start...i am hoping i have better luck on this one its a trial and error process goggi if ur on simponi or going to start this drug i hope u respond well to it ...good luck Tia 👌👍👍

• Posted

Thanks for replying Bob.

First injection 3 days ago - now have weak /tired legs, backache and generally feeling unwell.

Wasn't too bad with the Rheumatoid before I started on this drug especially since I introduced Turmeric capsules.

Have Rheumatology appt on Mon and will see what Dr says.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.