missing muscle/nerve in my mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

so ever since birth I've had this thing where there's no muscle/nerve on one corner of my mouth (lower left to be specific) so when I talk/sing/ my mouth is slightly slanted amd although I've heard from people its not very noticable, some say they've noticed something odd happening when I talk. I researched it with no luck, all I found was "asymmetrical crying facies" which seams to be the same i kinda deal, but that's somtimes linked to heart problems which I dont have and I have not found one article or forum about it in people over like 2 at the oldest, so I'm 15 and I just would really like to know if there is something to do about it, like any treatment or surgery that can be done ???? Ik it's not a big deal and all but it honestly bothers me a lot and really drops my confidence 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My cousin has a similar problems darling, in her case it was I believe a slight palsy due to a difficult birth. I suggest you ask your mum. However you are at an age when you are very aware of your looks, try not to worry or dwell on this, think ahead to education and enjoying you life. My cousin is married to a very good looking man and has 3 children and 7 grandchildren. If you heart is normal which I am certain it is, then the slight drop of you mouth exactly the same as my cousin's, so stop worrying and enjoy you life ahead.💖
  • Posted

Hey Emma I'm 22 years old and I have the same issue on the same side of my mouth and everything. I've been bothered by it for all my life and am looking into getting surgery to correct it, unfortunately I haven't come across anything or anything who can help me.
  • Posted

Dear Emma,

I understand and encourage you to be strong and confident. My daughter has the same problem as you , she is only 5. She seems to notice this, and looks worried . If you or anyone know how to solve this , please share. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.