My stubborn verruca again!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have attacked my very stubborn nuisance of a verruca with all I had, and It looks like I've finally won. I had tried practically everything- 5 sessions silver nitrate at podologist's where it turned black, fell off and underneath it appeared again only bigger. Duct tape, banana skin, apple cider 'mother' vinegar, white vinegar, garlic, lemon,  just about everything. It irritated me so much that this time I attacked it with any new thing I read about. For 3 weeks I smothered it with 100% coconut oil adding some on the plaster pad too. I covered it overnight! also put duct tape to keep plaster in place. Although it appeared slightly smaller I was still disappointed to find it still there after 3  weeks. So I went to extremes. I dabbed it with urine twice as I had read, next day I rubbed it with bacon fat also as I'd read and buried the fat in soil as per instructions. That was 8 days ago. Two days ago, having gone for a short break by the seaside, I removed the plaster and walked about in the sea and sand for a few minutes. Let my feet dry and put plaster on without rinsing the sea off. Well I could not believe my eyes this morning, it's not there, just a bit of peeled dried skin left. After two whole years of battle!

i shall keep dabbing coconut oil till .i am convinced it.'s gone. My advice 'attack it with all you've got!' 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried vinegar it really does work
    • Posted

Yes, as I mentioned above, tried both white wine and raw apple cider vinegar. Just sore, puffed up and seemed larger than it ever was. These methods I used were quite painless, no discomfort at all.
  • Posted

Maybe you over did it a bit and whay works for one does`nt always work for another
  • Posted

Im writing this in hope of helping another person who has suffered with embarrassing warts. Here's my story..

Since the age of about 5years old i grew a small pea sized verruca type wart on my left hand inner palm near my thumb. From 10yrs old to 20yrs old i have spent a large unknown amount of money on over the counter wart removers (ie. Gels, freezers, bandages with gels). Ive tried cutting it off, duct tape, and tea tree oil with negative results. In my early 20s i spoke with my family doctor who tried using nitrogen (i think) to freeze the stubborn wart with negative results. He tried this painful treatment mayb 4 or 5 times before sending me to a dermatogist. The dermatologist was not only expensive but also used quite painful methods in a attempt to kill the wart. He attempted to freeze the warts with Nitrogen atleast 6 times before trying an electrical device that burned and left a large hole in my palm for weeks just to have the stubborn wart return after a month or two. He tried the electrical device 3 more times after that. Eventually the one wart became 3 and i was terrified that it would continue to multiply.

So here's the good news, At the age of 25, i searched youtube for alternative methods to kill the embarrassing now 3 warts. I found one that was quite simple and only required items that most people have at home. I gave it a shot and it worked!!! The pain is manageable and this method is pretty much free.

Warning: This is an extreme method. If you attempt this method and injure yourself i take no responsibility. Im simply explaining my story and what my experience was.

Here's what I used:

1) A heat source(I used the flame from my stovetop)

2) A fairly long nail or screw

3) Pliers that lock in place (Locking is helpful)

4) Bottle of disinfecting rubbing alcohol

5) Paper towels

Here's what I did:

I took the "head" part of a nail and used the locking pliers to clamp onto it. The sharp point of the nail was furthest away from the pliers handles. I held the sharp point of the nail over the stove top flame for several seconds until it was very hot. I placed my hand faceup on the kitchen countertop and then slowly placed the heated point onto easy wart. The nail will cool quickly so i reheated between warts. My warts were thick and to be honest i couldn't feel the heat from the nail for a while. The warts turned white and then black as i continued this process. The point on the nail allowed me to reach deep within the wart and burn those small black dots that, from what i have read, are actually the virus. Once i began to feel pain i handled as much as i could bear and then i stopped. I took the rubbing alcohol and poured some onto a papertowel. I was careful to be far from the open flame while handling the alcohol. I rubbed the alcohol covered papertowel over the treated area. There was a little bit of blood but not much.

The area stayed tender for about 2 to 4 days but the pain was far far less then what i experienced at the dermatologist. I was still able to work, my friends and co worker could hardly notice. Now to fast forward...

Its been almost a year since i self treated and there is no sign of the warts!!!! Hardly even a scar. I am happy to say im cured of those embarrassing ugly things that i have been dealing with for almost my entire life. I hope my story helps someone out there. I could of saved myself thousands of dollars if i tried this at an earlier age. Peace

• Posted

Thank you DanielNicolas. I am not plucky at all, soIdon't think I will volunteer to do this. I hate pain of any sort and although you say it was bearable, I still am too much of a coward to contemplate trying this method. I found myself wincing just reading. But thank you still.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.