very swollen feet not fluid

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past  week my feet  and legs  have been so swollen and tight its  not  fluid  cuz if I mash down on them ( which by the way hurts  because it feels  like a bruise )  it does NOT  leave a dent  or  mark at all  they are swollen  uop through my calves  I have no bites  no injuries  no nothing  I do however  have  systemic scleroderma so I dont know if thats related or not   but  they are so tight they feel like they will split they also turn real white in spots  Ill send a pic later   have to go help some one real quick

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If I were you I would go see your doctor. I got edema from a medication i took for back pain. Within a couple days of taking the medication my feet,calfs and ankles started swelling really bad. It took 3 months for me to figure out it must be this new medication because it is the only new thing i had taken. Now even though I stopped it right away , over a month later it is still swollen. I am going monday for an ultrasound on my legs to see why this is happening. i am also going wednesday to have my legs wrapped. This is supposed to help the liquid i guess drain from my legs and feet. I sure hope it works.
    • Posted

Thank you Patty   probem is  I dont take  any meds   I am suppossed to for pain but  I jus dont  and  it is not fluid  I wish that is all it was because there is no indentation when I mash on it  it stays the same

• Posted

Hi darlene0317,

Could be Lymphoedema, just bc you can't push in on it doesn't mean it's not fluid. In fact it has to be fluid bc that's what's in your body...but it can get so tight, especially if it's lymphoedema, and so hard. They also have a fibrous lymphoedema that makes the fluid turn so hard...into a fibrous consistency. Im not a Dr so I can't say you have lymphoedema but if you have such swelling you should ask about it. There are other symptoms that go along with it but you need to go to the Dr first to see. Also with you having scleroderma, maybe it has something to do with that. Keep us posted....ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.