Left confused by Gs diagnosis and fainting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Im 18 years old and just been dignosed with gs by my doctor over the phone. All he said was you have gilbert syndrome nothing to worry about and that was it. Ive been feeling very tired for a while and keep fainting aswell, Im feeing really lost on what to do next and if theres anyway to try and help my symptoms but my doctor just doesnt seem interested.

Does anyone have an experience of having gs and fainting?

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I'm  sorry that your doctor isn't interested in helping you with your symptoms.  My doctor is the same.  They say that GS doesn't have symptoms.  Of course we know that this is not the case. I do have GS and I do have problems with fainting. My fainting is associated with my anxiety.  I have really bad panic attacks to the point to where I will pass out.  My father also has GS.  Although he doesn't actually faint, he feels like he is going to faint.  His is due low blood sugar.  So he makes sure that he eats healthy foods through out the day (not waiting for long periods of time in between).  From my personal experience I encourage you to learn what triggers your fainting.  For me...one of my triggers is coffee.  It really sets off my anxiety. 

Try to get plenty of rest and eat healthy organic foods.  Even though I still get tired easily...this has helped me greatly.  I hope this helps smile

• Posted

I have not experienced fainting, but occassional inexplicable dizziness.  It is interesting that the symptoms of GS are often associated with fasting.  Perhaps your fainting has something to do with what and when you eat.  
  • Posted

YES!! I have had chronic fainting my entire life, with really low blood pressure. I have probably fainted 200 times in my life (I am now 31). Guaranteed first day of every job, periods of long standing, stress - even fainted driving once (that was bad). Checked for everything, it finally started to settle down as I grew older, by 25 it was a few times a year instead of a few times a month.

SO: I have learned to get it much more under control. Doc says I react opposite most people to stress: instead of raising my blood pressure, it drops it. Whatever, I have found ways to cope, and here's what works for me.

Constant snacks. Salt and sugar is a must to have on hand - keep something in your purse, always. Fake sugars, especially high fructose, really sets me off. Avoid anything other than natural sugar like the plague. Some saltines and hard candies in your purse will do wonders. Avoid getting my heart rate up for long periods. Sleep deprivation is also a HUGE trigger. So is nicotine. Increasing my salt (himalayan) also helps. I frequently bathe now also, think it helps detox. Not too hot though! Stress and nerves are my enemy.

Docs won't link fainting to GS for me, so keep digging to find a reason. I am suppose to schedule a sleep deprived EEG to look at brain stuff for fainting, but I think it's a waste of time. I am severely underweight, and the ONE time in my life I was able to get to an ideal weight, I no longer had any fainting issues. Unfortunately I lost it again really quickly from nausea in my first trimester and have been trying to get it back ever since. That was 13 years ago.

How is your weight? Blood pressure? Sugar or carb cravings?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.