Multiple seborrhoeic keratoses

Posted , 2 users are following.

Thanks to those who have made suggestions, eg Scholl Seal and Heal, plus tea tree oil, but I am in despair. Possibly one or two could be dealt with, but I seem to be covered in the horrible things on my back and upper arms. They take different forms and look like: warts/raised bumps/skin coloured rough patches/pinprick raised freckles. It all started 6 months ago, and the speed of the infestation (as it feels) has astonished me. I tried Bazuka gel with the early wart ones, but that just irritated them ~ seemed to die off, but back bigger than ever. Tea tree oil has inflamed the surrounding skin despite trying to protect it with vaseline. My GP has confirmed the diagnosis, but has not suggested any treatment.

I tried vitamin d3 cream, and that does soothe the skin, but doesn't bother the SKs.

I now only wear long sleeves, and struggle not to scratch. The itching can be intense. Is there any help out there?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Moira. I do not know if you have been to see a dermatologist. If this is the case, I would insist on the GP to refer me to one. In the meantime get some 100% coconut oil and smear the affected skin with it where you are sure you have warts then alternatively, you might try dabbing  the skin with Listerine, after washing off the coconut oil. See if you see any improvement within a week. Coconut oil is well known for reducing bumps on skin and making skin smoother. As for Listerine it has certainly reduced the size of my verruca as well as coconut oil. I would be happier if you check with your doctor about the Listerine in case it causes irritation. With me it didn't at all.
    • Posted

Oh dear! I assume my reply was deleted as I mentioned a product by name? Jonah, I just wanted to thank you for replying. I am a big fan of coconut oil, but hadn't thought of Listerine. I have found something online that specifically mentions sk, so trying that now.
  • Posted

Hi Moira

i didn't get to read your reply si I don't kno what happened there. I do not know what you mean by sk; am trying to guess what the initials stand for but   am not succeeding.

Anyway coconut oil can be soothing for irritation, so I would definitely give it a try. Read of a lady who had been applying it on her legs for various bumps, scales etc and she realized that after a few weeks her skin was lovely and smooth. 

Good luck and do let us know how you fare. 

• Posted

Hi Jonah, sk is for seborrhoeic keratosis. Just saves some typing!

Yes, coconut oil is great for cooking, but also softens hard skin on heels. You have to wear socks in bed though to save the sheets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.