Venlafaxine 150mg Dosage increase side effects!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been taking Ven along side my Mirt now for four weeks! The dosage of the Ven was increased to 150mg due to relapse of anxiety! I have now been taking the 150mg now for three days and my anxiety is there but not as bad but I feel incredibly nervous and jittery and hav the feeling like something bad is going to happen (if you understand what I mean!) it's affecting me a little as I feel I can't think straight! Is this normal is this side effects and will it wear off? I'm going away for the weekend with my partner and baby and I just hate feeling like this I have diazepam to take but I don't like taking diazepam as I have been using it the past three days for anxiety and don't want to become reliant on it (only been taking 1 5mg a day) advice would be great please! Thank you xx oh I also have this weird feeling in my head too which I can only describe as a rushing hot pins and needles feeling of anyone understand that too? This makes me feel anxious too!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Charlotte

I am on 225mg of venlafaxine and went through the same thing. Hang in there it passes. I have been on it for several months now.

Hope this helpssmile

• Posted

Hi Louise thanks for the reply! How long until the nervousness passes I feel on edge all the time like I'm gonna have a panic attack it's horrible as I have a 11 week old baby! Xxx
  • Posted

I can't remember, but when the venlafaxine kicks in it will help will help with that. Before it kicked it I took 2mg of valium to help me with the jitters and anxiety. Hang in there you will get better. When I had my little girl I had post psychotic depression and it was really hard and with time got better. Hormones can be a pain.

Take care x

• Posted

I suffered really bad with PND had no bond with the baby and regretting ever having him (even though he was planned) I was prescribed Mirtazapine 30mg but that alone only helped the anxiety and helped me sleep so they added in 75mg Of Ven and I was back to my old fun self and got my bond with the baby! However the anxiety came back! I still have the bond with the baby now but it's just this crippling anxiety and constant worry that it isn't going to go hence why they increased me to 150mg! Now I just feel anxious nervous and just totally on edge! I just really hope that the increase will help! It's only day three but I'm desperate! Do you think the anxiety and everything will go? XXXX
    • Posted

Hey Charlotte

It's really hard, but it will get better, talk to your doc too. I was anxious and couldn't sit still, but now have no anxiety and feel much better. Just takes time, am glad you bonded with your baby and am sure everything else will get better too. Give the increase in vanlafaxine time to work and take the edge off with the valium when you need it. Take care and enjoy your baby you have been through slot and treat yourself too. Have bubble baths and spoil yourselfsmile

• Posted

Hi Louise hope your ok! Still feeling all nervous/excited today but not so much anxious! Just feels like my stomach is doing somersaults! I hope this passes soon it's a horrible feeling it's like I am waiting for a job interview or something! I took a 10mg propanalol this morning and 2mg of diazepam! Did you have these same feelings? Xxx
    • Posted

Yeah, I felt like I couldn't sit still and felt nausea too but that passed. Am glad you have had a better day. Am okay too, still a bit down, but I notice an improvement. My husband said he had noticed a difference toosmile
    • Posted

Hi Louise I hope this feeling passes soon I've had to take 2mg of diazepam again just feel so on edge and anxious like something bad is going to happen it's a horrible feeling I just want to cry! When does it get better!! It's day 5 now into the increase of the tabs! I just want this feeling to pass x
  • Posted

Hey Charlotte

It's not easy, I just feel numb with no motivation. We just have to keep going and hope it passes. Am glad you did not get the nauseous thing I had at the start, I had that for a week.

Lou x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.