hair loss???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone had hair loss as a side effect?  There are a long list of side effects in the leaflet very much the same as the lansoprazole i was on before ... im just starting ranitidine today.  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No I don't think it's a side effect. I've been on them a couple of months as as alternative to omeprazole. I think my hair is thinner, but I think it's the other tablets I take not these.
    • Posted

just it says on the leaflet hair loss and serched online and some people have lost hair due to these, I really dont want to lose my hair...was a main reason i changed meds.  
    • Posted

It's down as very rare. If you look at most meds it's always on there. Like I say I've been on them for at least a month and still have lots of hair. I'm taking 600mg 4 tablets because 2 weren't helping much. I'm thinking of changing to be honest.
  • Posted

yes, i have had a lot of hairlossfrown. Didn't connect at first but i think it must be the ranitidine. Trying to cut down.

• Posted

Yes falls out when I am wash it. Also short of breath. Stopping it!
  • Posted

yeah i have had hair loss, kind of all over, lots of hairs around the house, have been on them a couple of years though
  • Posted

I had hair loss as a side effect of lansoprazole - made me wonder what it was doing to the rest of me?  Sorry that you had this side effect too.  I started on Ranitidine yesterday - very reluctantly and I am concerned about the same issue too.  I thought I might try taking vitamin supplements since its possible that the cause of the hair loss might be that getting the same nutritional value from food, because of the acid reduction.  I would be interested to hear of anyone elses experience too.
    • Posted

Hi Jenny, I understand your concerns , I have had hairloss from both these drugs and also wonder about vitamin absorbtion. At the moment trying really hard with diet and abdominal breathing exercises so I can take less medication.
    • Posted

Hi Susan, thanks very much for the response.  Best of luck with the diet and breathing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.