Naproxen and irregular heart beat

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I have back problems  been given Naproxen but after 5days I had an irregular heart beat any one else had this problem

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It did the Same thing to me, look up the side ffects. It also ha a side effect of itching. I switched to another me.
  • Posted

Yes I did, in fact overuse of ibuprofen has left me with atrial fibrillation which I was diagnosed with 4 weeks ago. I had no idea ibuprofen could damage or effect the heart in such a way but after searching the web find it is more common than people think. I can only hope now that stopping the use of NSAIDS altogether that one day my heart will recover and have regular beat and speed again.
    • Posted

Hi the good news for me was once I stopped using  my irregular heart beat stopped and I have OK since. I now use a product my friend sends me from TheUSA called flexoplex it expensive but after  a month I felt the benefit   Good luck 

• Posted

Thanks Rocca, how long did it take to return to normal?.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.