anal fissure is killing me, I can't live like this.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, Anyone please, some advice. I'm so depressed, i cant live like this. I've had it about 3 months. Using nitro, had botox, nothing seems to help . I keep having like 7 or 9 consecutive days , with no pain, i think im healing, then out of nowhere the pain starts again. Neverending cycle. My stool is soft I take mirilax, and psyllium husk every day plus lots of water. Why do I still have pain every bm , and hours after when the stool is soft??

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa. Sorry to hear about your situation. I am in the process off healing and know how much these fissures can affect your life. Perhaps there is something in your diet causing the pain after a bm? Like spices? Or acidic foods such as oranges, tomatoes..... I take the same laxative but as well I have completely changed my diet just to be sure! Also have you tried a sitz bath with coconut oil for pain relief? I found it wonderful. I would also rub the oil around and a bit up my anus. Really helped me!
    • Posted

Hi, thanks. Yes I do take coconut baths twice a day, sometimes 3. I don't eat oranges, but tomatoes sometimes. I have changed my diet completely to eat only chicken and vegetables. Maybe I'm missing something...
    • Posted

I'm not 100% sure about chicken alone but I am totally off meat as it can lead to constipation, especially red meat. I get my protein now from beans and pulses. Hoping to start introducing fish soon!
    • Posted

So you are healing now just by eliminating meats, taking the coconut baths, and the laxative ?
  • Posted

Are you using coconut oil, nappy rash cream (Sudocream) and Manuka honey. It helps. Though I too haven't gotten rid of it.
    • Posted

I'm using cocnut, and manuka. Only thing I haven't tried is the sudocream, may have to try that next.
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa,

So sorry to hear that you are still in pain,have you read my profile on here,

please get back to me.

Clive

• Posted

If I were you I would get the sphictoronomy surgery which is on the sphicter muscle. I had a bad fissure last  year and this  surgery helped me a lot. The sphicter muscle plays a large role in not allowing the fissure to heal on its own because the spasms do not allow the fissure tto heal. The only issue I had, if  you consider this an issue at all considering the amount of pain you have been in, is that after the surgery I do not  have as much control on whether I can stop my farts from coming  out in public  or not. Now, I will not tell you that it is not painful to go poop right after surgery, because it is, but after a few days it gets better. Besides that, I have been doing great. I hope this helps and may you  have a good reccovery. I am very sorrry that you have to go through this because noone should  have to go through anything like thiis.
    • Posted

I hear mixed reviews about the surgery that's why I'm not ALL the way sure I want to . I'm scared of incontinence as a result. But I would love for the pain to go away.it's a big decision to make I guess .
    • Posted

I too was a bit scared of the incontinence factor as well. But honestly, when you compare incontinence to the amount of pain you experience with an anal fissure it is no comparison. I give you a lot of credit for hanging in there for 3 months. I had the surgery after about 50 days, but I had a chornic fissure so I really did not have a choice. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though. I hope you get better soon and hang in there!!!

Myles 

• Posted

Thank you, .. and Yea, you are right about that!! How long after the surgery did it take you to heal? Was it a super rough recovery??
    • Posted

So it took me about a good two weeks to fully not feel pain or discomfort back there. It was hard adjusting to a normal life again. Before feeling better, I had not sat down in a chair for almost a month. Also, I am not going to tell you that I had no pain after the surgery, because you will. But overall, you can get through it and it is worth it. Everyday since, I have been applying this stuff called calmoseptine on my anus every time after I go poop, as well as take a shower and wash the area after every time I go poop. Also, when I go poop, I squat now rather than sit on the toilet. I hope this advice helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
  • Posted

Hi - I really feel for you - I am just at the start of using GTN and adjusting my diet and have been getting the MOST horrendous pain on and off for weeks now - I just about wanted to give up last Friday when I had to do a 7 hour shift at work with the most agonising pain. I can't offer much in the way of new advice, but sometimes just knowing other people understand can help. I found these forums helpful and supportive and am trying some of the suggestions on here, including coconut oil - I will also try Sudocrem. I really hope that you get some relief soon. My thoughs are with you.
    • Posted

Hi, thank you so much, and you are so right. I know exactly what you mean. I feel like noone understands,. Feels better knowing I'm not alone. In a way working makes me keep my mind off the pain. Sometimes I'm home and I just cry wishing it was all a dream. I really hope I find some relief soon.
    • Posted

The Sudocrem really helped me. But I realise it HAS to be accompanied by intermittent coconut oil and Manuka. Also need to ensure BM is not frequent or hard. Sitting long time also not too good. Anyway I am still learning to cope. It has not healed completely or cured. Diet of rice based is better than wheat.
    • Posted

It's weird because at first the manuka worked really good. Then as of lately seems like it isn't working..I'm still using it though, just trying to get through the rough patches . I want to believe I can heal without surgery.
    • Posted

Yes. Hearing some of the stories post surgery I too want to try and manage without. It's like a pain management structure to follow. Not really a cure unfortunately. Anyway do try alternating Sudocrem, coconut oil - making suppositories and Manuka

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.