Should a cut on labia minora look like this? + Vestibular papillae? (Pic)

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is quite embarrassing, so I'll keep this short.

I haven't paid attention to how my vaginal lips looked like, before I got sexually active, so I have no idea how normal this is.

I had rough sex with my boyfriend a few days ago, and got this white patch afterwards, which hurt, and still does a bit. I guess it is a cut? Am I completely wrong?

Also, all these bumps looks quite like vestibular papillomatosis ... The area was itching a month back or so, where the bumps were there as well. The bumps haven't changed since then, and haven't itched.

Before anyone asks why I'm not going to the doc instead: I'm changing doctor, so I can first get an appointment in at least 14 days.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if that might be a blister after having rough sex, I am not sure it looks like a cut. However, I think this does need to be seen by a Doctor (I know you are trying) or is there any way you can get in with a family planning clinic (UK) or a OB/GYN? They will be more used to that particular area and will be able to advise you well.

I think the fact that it appeared so quickly pretty much rules out an STI, however you are still at risk for infections so it is important to get checked out. Using condoms is a big help but doesn't prevent transmission of all STI's. If you did  use a condom though (please say you did lol) then I am very proud of you, it is important to take your health seriously and that is one of the best things you can do to help sexually.

• Posted

I'm glad to say that the blister/cut disappeared without any problems during a couple of days smile.

I am still going to get it checked, though. I actually have an appointment at my new doctor tomorrow, so I can be sure the area downthere is healthy smile.

Thank you for your reply!

• Posted

I am glad to hear it! I am so sorry you didn't get a response sooner, but when I saw you had gotten no replies I wanted to say something. Maybe dab a little lube in that area next time, eh? :D
  • Posted

Whats the big fleshy lump in the middle? Is that normal for you? I have one which has appeared and its pressing on me and hurting.
    • Posted

The fleshy lump is simply a part of the vagina smile I think it's called the vestibule. If a lump has suddenly appeared, though, I would probably consult a doctor, if I was you.
  • Posted

Aww right, Want sure tbh, Not seen it before.
  • Posted

I have the same situation minus the white part thing and I was just curious if you had any updates on your situation or what it is?
    • Posted

I went to my doctor, who looked at it. By that time the white part had healed, and her only comment was that everything looked normal. Nothing has changed since then, either, so we've probably just examined our private parts a bit too much smile.
    • Posted

Hey there! I just look for a solution for my "problem" so I came across this forum. Anyway I have those skin coloured bumps and I was wondering do dey go away after a while or they grow?? Thanks if anyone answers :*

• Posted

Hi! If your bumps start to grow, I would suggest talking with a doctor. But for me, they haven't disappeared. They are, however, really small, so they don't bother me. And again, my doctor didn't see anything abnormal, so I assume they might actually be pretty normal to have - but it's always good to check up on it once in a while smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.