Chest Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

For over the past 12 months I have been experiencing intermittent chest pains that can be described at times as shooting and other times as an ache or discomfort and have a tendency to move around my chest. When the pain/ache/sensation occurs around the left side of my chest (heart area) I get extremely worried. I also have occasional soreness around the sternum area of my rib cage and back pain as well. When this first started last year I went to A & E twice and subsequently had blood tests, chest x-ray and numerous ECGs. In December of last year I began to experience stomach pains and was diagnosed with Gastritis and was given a course of Omeprazole which cleared it up. It was at this time I was also diagnosed with a heart murmur and had an echocardiogram and cardiac MRI. That was back in February and I am still suffering from some sort of chest pain on a daily basis. I have been back to the GP three times since then (seen locums) and they only offer me anti-depressants as I also have a history of anxiety. I am 46 years old and try to stay active through swimming, walking and cycling. Has anyone else had a similar experience like this or offer suggestions? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes Stuart. I've been dealing with this on and off for over a year now. At times I feel they assume it's anxiety bc I'm a fairly young 32 year old woman who appears healthy. But the pain is real and it scares me so much. I'm in and out of the ERs and countless doctor visits and labs and exams. Hoping to get it sorted soon as it's taking over my life. Hope you get answers soon as well.
  • Posted

Hi Stuart

Have they given you Silver Nitrate spray ?

They gave me this as I continually have chest pains every so often since having a heart attack.

Mind you, they did stop with the spray, as it dropped my blood pressure to low, now I have the tablet version, so I can spit the tablet out as I feel it is working.

Have they put you on 75mg Aspirin ?

Have you had your Cholestrial checked to see if it is to high ?

Best of luck and let us know what you find out and of course, if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kev

• Posted

Hi I have been having constant left side chest pain for 7 months I've had ecgs chest xray mammogram numerous blood tests all are fine but still it goes on many Dr's have told me I have costocondritus there is a Facebook group (costocondritus a pain in the chest ) many of the ppl on there post of very similar symptoms it's basically rib inflammation my pain when bad goes down my left arm hence 3 visits to ane ,they say turmeric capsules help as there anti inflammatory I have no pain when I press on my ribs but Dr's still say it's this mine is high up on left side towards arm pit area I have had only 16 days pain free since January
    • Posted

Hi dawn, you say you dont get sternum pain, dr say i may have this as had tenderness on left of breast off center, i thought no because i have heard from most on here it is very painful and mine is more of a ache or slightly tender, can this still be true do you think x
    • Posted

Hi dee I'm still the same 11 months on now in agony everyday not had a pain free day for 8 weeks literally pain there all the time drs now say I have hormone imbalance and this is breast pain that's just effecting one side I'm going bk this week as I want an mri this year I've had 3 weeks in total without pain it's a joke I'm sick and tired of it when I breath it aches worse on certain breathes nothing works for the pain
    • Posted

Hi dee I'm still the same chronic pain still not had a pain free day how are you I begged Dr in dec for mri scan but sed no again I'm at a loss as to what to do pain is very bad last few days
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain, yes get yourself back to the drs, i have appointment on monday so shall see what i am told this time, do you get pain in the sternum, mine is in the centre of breasts just slightly to left, it now comes on the other side, but it is not painful, just tender when i push on that rib, ans always the same type of tenderness no matter what side it is on, I am not sure mine is costo 
    • Posted

Hi my pain has gone after 15 months and it was all down to soya of all things I had changed to soya milk in dec 14 pain started jan 15 believe me look to your diet as soon as I stopped it within 2 weeks I was pain free and the pain I had was horrendous I had been up to ane 4 times and it had driven me insane all from an allergy to soya
    • Posted

I have cut back on soy milk and coffee (I was drinking stronger and more with a different soy which is interesting . I have been doing back stretches and breathing relaxation and it is 50 percent better after 2 months
    • Posted

Soya can cause estrogen dominence in certain ppl if you Google soya and breast pain there are loads of ppl with it my pain was that bad I couldn't touch my chest it hurt to breath in I literally was walking around clutching my chest perminently it was all down to soya milk it has 100 percent gone since I stopped it completely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.