HMS or EDS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya, I was diagnosed with HMS a few years back, my problems are mainly my knees, right shoulder, hands... well, you name it, it's a problem at some point. Im 36 and feel 90. I don't have any medications/treatments for the HMS, do any of you? Also do you claim Disability or anything like that?

Anyway, the point of this is that i think i have EDS and not HMS. What should i do?  Lea x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I think you must have other problems! I too have that diagnosis. I informed my consultant. JHS is of course seen in Rheumatology. I had autoimmune problems already so I think for her it was an easy diagnosis. I would look at Patient on JHS, that should give you an idea. Really whether you are able to walk, how far, can you cook, clean, dress your self. Look at Gov UK re claiming benefits. Then you will see the criteria for PIP! 
  • Posted

They are now considerd one and the same now by most professionals, (jhs and eds), certainly in america. The diagnosis criteria is being rewritten this year to incorporate new mutations found for eds...im waiting to see too. Jhs diagnosis here at present
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm like you. JHS at present but a lot of the EDS symptoms apply to me except the stretchy skin!

I'm going to watch this one with interest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.