Pain under left side of ribcage spreading to left upper quadrant

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a sufferer of Diverticulitis and have been for years, but now getting like a nerve pain about 4 inches to the left of my sternum, this radiates down to the left part of my colon, bowel movements are fine, and no problems eating or swallowing or anything just the damn pain like toothache comes and goes and seems worse at night laying on left or right side.. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get pains like this. Not diagnosed with anything but ibs after loads of tests but had upper left pain for 6 years
    • Posted

Hi Natalie,

I have exactly same health issues just like yours. I had 2 Ct Scan, MRI, Nuclear test, Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Checked in emergency over 12 times in two years. Result is IBS !!

My symptoms:

- pain on my left side under my rib cage, I am a light drinker maybe few beers once in a while or glass of crown with ginger ale!! No more drinks because that is give me so much pain

- I used to drink few cups of coffee but no more because of pain

- Gallblader removed almost 20 years ago , I am 45 now. Having heavy and oily food also gives me pain as well.

Well overall since I started to have pain I felt horrible after few months later feel like something come and sit on my chest. I felt emotionally horrible and very helpless. I become a very sad and sick mentally as well!!

My heart beats crazy , I felt dizzy shaking and used so many different drugs include medical weed.

But nothing really helped also that was the very first time used weed and that was not a good feeling put me more down.

So last 6 months I change few things in my life :

- I registered community centre going regularly for gym

- stopped coffee and alcohol

- eliminated few foods based on experience what gives pain what not.

- I got in my room turn all lights off complete dark. Relax free my mind forget about everything half an hour and breath: breath with your stomach not with your lung put your hands on your stomach and feel it is going up and down every time inhale/exhale

-shut yourself down to any negativity around just feel yourself focus on good feelings find something makes you happy. I myself develop few new hobby.

- I changed my mind settings.

Now I still have pain but very rarely because I had 2 beers last week but I know that I will have the pain but it worth it:-)

I had a pizza few days ago and had some pain but worth it :-)

I know now how to manage to pain.

This is what I did. I hope it helps you. I am very sorry for whomever going through so much pain in their life.

I hope you will feel better.

If you have any question you can ask anytime.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.