carbimazole and knee pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.. i have been on carbinazole for last 2 weeks i am having knee pain that sometimes gets worse. Anybody else also experiencing the same?.. my concern is whethetr it will b subside once i am off carbimazole.. anybody else whos suffering or who suffered! .. in how many days your pain subsided after being iff from the medicine..

Thanx in advance smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Huni

sorry to hear you have to be on this medication.

I had treatment that involved carbomizole and even no doctor admits bit pain is because you are taking carbomizole.

I had all joints in incredible pain for 2 months. Even my ribcage was painful. Couldn't sleep much cos of discomfort.

At the beginning your body goes into a shock and than will get used to it.

What I can advise if you are drinking regularly any alcohol than stop. I noticed that even cheacky glass of wine every other day was causing a pain.

• Posted

Hi I have the same knee pain, lower back pain and pelvic, gassy while on carbimazole. Doctor sent for blood test and X-ray it came back normal.
    • Posted

Hi

I have just joined this forum and therefore only just seen your posting of five months ago. I do not know whether you go on the forum or not .

If you are still a member then I hope u don't mind my asking you if you  were still experiencing pains in your back, joints etc due to carbimazole?

Are you still taking it?

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.

• Posted

Hi there, just joined too!

I have been taking carbimazole for about 5 weeks now and I have very bad pain in the knees & lower back. My knews were always an issue but the pain is different - I have started taking fish oil - too early to see if it's working but worth trying...

hope that helps! cheers!

• Posted

Very sorry to hear this .

What is the pain like exactly?

Fish oil sounds good.

• Posted

I should probably give it another couple of weeks but I feel like it's better with fish oil. I exercice a lot so the pain is in the joints - under knee cap!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.