Redness around anus pink raw skin on rectum /itchy

Posted , 9 users are following.

SO... ive been dealing with an itchy vulva for over a year now so over it, tired of ointments and doctors saying its Eczema.

But anyway ive also been dealing with a VERY IRRITATED  anus along with a tender raw rectum that looks pink and sometimes red..

IT itches and tingles and when i walk its unbereable

The skin hasnt healed ever since i got a full blown yeast infection. IDK what else to put down there im currently on a ''candida diet'' to see if that changes any of my constant vulva itching along with my bottom issue,,,

What could it be on my anus? could i still have some yeast and thats why my anus is red?( its been several months now)

i also take sitz baths nothing seems to work im growing tired please HELP!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Jade what your describing could well be candida, if this is the case you may need to be on the candida diet for some time. I get flare ups of candida and usually my fault due to consuming to much sweet stuff especially chocolate!  I can only get diagnised by my kenesiologist as doctors dont seem to acknowledge or test for candida at all. The only type they seem to be able to test for is thrush which is just another term of candida at the end of the day. This wretched thing, candida can attack any part of your body and thrives on sugar.  Im now at present suffering from the same itchy anus which seems to be spreading further round  and like you  pink and red. Ive found a tube of holland and barretts aloe vear gel kept in the fridge and applied about three times a day helps, also use before going to bed, do you find it starts up at nights when you lay down at all?

Avoid using any perfumed soap or shower gels, I also found my panty liners were causing irritation too, a burning and itching, if you use these buy from the big green smile ,( you can google this) as they dont contain any perfume or bleach. Dont wear just knickers that without panty liners that have been rinsed in fabric conditioner either as this can irritate as well. Also presume you arnt wearing tight leggings or jeans, i wear comfy trousers with plenty of stretch and tights called airflow with cut out gusset to allow the skin to breath.  Oh and drink plenty of water to with added aloe vera juice  twice a day as this is an internal healer

Hope this helps

Sue

• Posted

Jade i did answer you but for some reason This reply is waiting to be moderated. so you may well not recieve it after all my typing! Dont know why as i gave no links to anything?  Wish id saved a copy now to forward you by pm!

Sue

• Posted

Hi there,

Yeah i still havent seen the other comment you have left i hope they post it

im desperate for any advice at this point thanks!

jade

• Posted

Hi Jade, im really annoyed that my reply hasnt been allowed forward as i spent  along time giving advice.

I have bought my selfe  a tube of something that is helping, it arrived  this afternoon, dare i mention what or where from? will probably not be sent again. if you want to know then can you pm me and ill tell you what it is. Dont see why i cant as other posts have mentioned items that have helped. I dont know why my last reply wasnt alowed.??

Sue

• Posted

When the skin is inflamed like this it's likely to be a viscious circle where an infection leads to Ani pruritus, it itches, you rub and damage delicate tissue, allowing more of the infection back in. Try to keep it really clean. Luke warm water and be gentle, don't rub, and keep it as dry as possible. Sometimes even toilet paper can be too aggressive. I use a cleansing gel on toilet tissue that's natural and specially created for bums that contains aloe, tea tree and lavender. If no improvement get something prescribed for the infection.
    • Posted

Hi whats the cleansing gel called please you used? Why is it worst at night i wonder?

• Posted

Ooohh you do have my sympathy. Except for the occasional night, I have been free from the misery for a few years now. I am really careful cleaning the bottom, keeping it dry and resisting the urge to itch. Too much salt, citrus and coffee seem to result in a little itch. There are multiple causes though - see the page Itchy Bottom (Pruritus Ani) under Health Information. I don't trust what is in wet wipes and you shouldn't flush them away, but I have found something in britain called angel cleansing gel that is gentle and effective on toilet paper. I think the night-time discomfort is a combination of warmth, lying down, habit and anxiety. Do you apply creams before going to bed? Try cleaning & treating at another time of the day, and see if going to bed with it just normal, but dry makes any difference. Possibly dab with soft cotton to make sure it is dry.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. 

• Posted

Ive found the gel you mentioned and bought some thanks.

• Posted

Hi @jade2896 would you please assist me about this same problem as i am dealing with this itchiness over a week now. And tell me what medicine or tube you used for this. Thanks.
  • Posted

I'm a straight male 29 and I also have very red skin around my anus, it's been like his for years itchy and dry, I use a psoriasis ointment and it seems to go away temporarily but always comes back, I've been told I have psoriasis, which I do but I'm starting to think this redness and itchy dry skin is something else,

• Posted

Hi, could you tell me name of gel you mentioned, which is a big help.
  • Posted

Hello Jade2896. I know what your going thru. I dont know if your Dr. prescribed u nystatin powder. very strong but works just need very little for by the thighs. put Vaseline in the Vulva. also if u sweat by the thighs put gold bond powder their too absorbs the sweat. hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.