barbie..

Posted , 5 users are following.

me again....i see the discussions about Tibolene....livial....this is going to surprise yoiu...but i am 80 now..i was on livial for years, 60s, and 70s...was taken off before i was 80..doctors not approve, i am old!...i have a younger partner...late 60s. now..i had a senior consultant lady many years back, who said i could stay on it, if i wanted, as it did me good, or in so many words...i am rushing now..have too much to do!!....i did not want to come off it, in spring 2014...i did have many problems, health wise, and on steroids...i knew i iwould be worse...i iWAS...very as the year went by, and now...but to cut a lohg story short...i had many problems...lots of things....fell twice..had leg ulcer, i am now on some morphine...i am over 80...i feel i want too do so much...but...i cant, and i know it is MS symptoms, nearly every one...a week ago i woke up shiverring...since then, i have been very shaky...times are changing...my grandchildren, one married and gone away, the other gone back to ausie...they have been lovely girls in life, and we had such happy times, but they have their own lives to lelad now...so ...with all this, i am battling....the doctor thinks i am depressed....etc...doctors and health service, so ibusy.,..had relastives ill, one just died ..so many pass away...that is life.....but...i am battling with MS....i am positive, i could have had it for years.s...that is als i can say now...i DID NOT WANT TO COME OFF LIVIAL...but was forced to...i am my own carer, completely, and order my mound of prescription...so take care..life can be difficult, but keep going..now my leg has gone numb again, and tinglilng...loads of symptoms...i lexpect i am wrong, i am just old, now, and 80...so people say...there are people out there who DO HAVE SYMPTHAY....i know that, and they talk to me...keep on livial, if it suits you, it was marvellous for me...absolutely...love b.

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

me again....i think i istarted this discusson about livial last year....and i am still very passionate about what i iam saying...and many other things about MS..God ...Bless all.xx.B.

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

​You sound like a very smart lady! Such a shame that you have the health issues you have! But you still sound positive!

I have been on Livial since I was 48, now approaching 62. My Dr doesn't want me to come off it as he is of the mind that it is protecting my heart & bones plus all of the other benefits.

​I feel great & not too long ago had an Angiogram simply because there is a family history & Dr was concerned about my cholesterol levels. The Angiogram results blew him away as I have no evidence of plaque anywhere & , in his words, I have the heart of a 16 year old! He now considers my cholesterol levels normal for me & wants me to continue what I'm doing, including the Livial!

Take care & I do hope that things improve for you! You're not old at 80!!!

best wishes

Jillian

• Posted

I have been on a low dosage of Livial for the last 7 years after battling all sorts of post menapause symptoms.   A couple of times I have gone off them and felt terrible.

I believe the tablets are fine for some women - and especially those of us who have been on full HRT for many years in the past as a birth control.

My doctor has recently tried to talk me in to going off them but I am very reluctant.  I keep well and, apart from a very low dosage of BP tabs, I do not take any other medication.  When I see other women my age looking so old and hargard, and many suffering from all kinds of illnesses, it does make me wonder if Livial is something some of us need to carry on with.

• Posted

I agree ykay! It doesn't seem to suit everyone so if you find something that's right for you then stick with it!

i was taking BP tablets (low dose) to help with the hot flushes but no longer & just take a low dose aspirin along with the Livial! 

I agree with your observation of other women of a similar age! I just seem to look better & have much better health than many of them! Is it the Livial? Or are we just lucky? 

• Posted

yes, very true..i have felt livial was wonderful, for the HRT , but if you look at instructions, etc...it does benefit, so it says, osteoarthritis...and bone trouble...cant say exactly now, hafe not got the instructions here...but i have osteoarthritis, temporary artirits, and polymyalgia, and a FEW other things!! enough said. i am not a hypercondriac....i am too busy to want to be that, i just have all these things going wrong in my body!!..hey ho...must get on, next appointment soon, cant drive now, eyeds get blurry...and allsorts..keep smiling,we try, as they say. takecare everyone...regards,B.
    • Posted

I remember when I first started to take Livial the doctor told me it was good for keeping people young.   I still believe that.

• Posted

yes, i certainly believe it to....kept me young...people say i look so well!...that is often the case with MS....i see and hear so many stories....that is getting quite a story....I HAVE TO KEEP GOINGA...of course i do get tired....not so much tired, but fatigue, they call it....can no longer do anything, i just flake out..must go before i do that, before i go to dentist....to see my gums!!.B.
    • Posted

no does not always suit everyone, but the ones it does suit...it suits very very well...and we are TOLD TO COME OFF THEM WHEN OLD...BECAUSE OF HEART TROUBLES...WELL I CAME OFF, AND GOT HEART TROUBLES, WHICH I NEVER EVER HAD BEFORE...i had two falls, october and february...landing with an ulcer on my leg in f ebruary...and for six months, have been dressing it...now nearly better...i am sure my heart could not cope with all the sudden changes i have had. hey ho!...Barbie..
  • Posted

So sorry to hear of your health problems and I do hope you can get some kind of relief.

I agree with you about Livial.

• Posted

thank you ykay....and every one...have been battling with coming off livial now for 18 months...doubt if ever i go back on it..!! hope you all get relief...doctors take yo off because you might get heart trouble...since i have come off, i have heart failure....now a heart nurse visits me also every 2-3 weeks....my heart is trying to cope WITH EVERYTHNG IN ME THAT IS TOPSY TURVEY!!. NEVER MIND..BEWARE..HEHE..XX.
    • Posted

yes, it certainly does...makes me wonder what is going on....i did not want to blame livial for my changes....but all along, i did not want to come off it, and i kept saying if i do, i know i wont be well...and now this...and i am not an hypochondriac....far far too busy for that, when caring full time for myself...jusr a bit of help with shopping,....and gardening, etc...i do my shop on line every 4-5 weeks, and stock up..ah well.B.
  • Posted

thanks for replies..yes, i feel i am a young 80..i organised my own 80th celebration last year..took ages..did me in, hehe..and struggling ever sincre...suddenly i am 80....wonderful time though..i have organised many parties, and some weddings when they were simpler, years ago.!  also had my own secretarial business in town over 50 yeaRS. I STILL sometimes get asked to do work...i dont do complicated stuff now!!....keep going i sasy...now to wash and dress, or try to, dentall appointment...again...no bottom teef...that is another problems with it all, gums receded badly since i was 21...all to do with it...i am sure i have had MS earlier start really....but i carried on...and livial being packed up, does me in, and us!!..never mind..obey the doctors, they know best..we presum...60 patiehts a day i see they have...terrible..what is to ibe is to be.love from the heart.b.thank you again.
  • Posted

this really makes me laugh..i have just been awarded another badge...the student badge!!!!....well don ms. 80!! haha.....i could write so much, but must be carefull....B.
  • Posted

Barbara why do you have to 'be careful'? Of course you should be on livial, simply because it makes you feel and function better. and if your UK doctore wont give it to you, get it online, i mean whats the worst that can happen? You are 80 and miserable. Your doctor is a poor practitioner if s/he considers that you feeling terrible is Good Medicine. If s/he was really evidence based, s/he would put you back on it and see what changes occur. As for the MS, you are british, and you should be having a mass of vitamin d in your food and as a supplement. That is, oily fish. Kippers or whatever, as well as the supermarket supplement. Here is australia,  i know perhaps 6 people, all british mirants, with MS. All pale skinned, wont go out in the sun and have foregone the british diet of fish and fats. Real fats, not margarine or canola oil.

get your grandkids to order you the livial. Your not dead yet, so live it to the full!

• Posted

Good one Tooban.  Well put and very true.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.