Uti won't go away

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had a uti once or twice a year since I was 17. I'm now 25 and my most recent uti has last 3 months without any improvement despite a different course of 3 sensitive antibiotics. My culture revealed eColi. And I started

Tmp/smz or bactrim 10days

No resolution

Pipemidic acid 7 days

Next tried

Ciprofloxacin 10days

Still no help

Now I'm suspecting either bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection due to the antibiotics because frequency urgency burning micturition and pain with sex are all day everyday. I can barely sleep with the feeling of a full bladder. And I can't sit in my lectures for more than 15 mins without leaving to try and empty a very small amount of urine.

I drink 2l a day of water .take cranberry pills

I do not drink alcohol or smoke.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some one on this site told me about something called D-Mannose powder, I have sent off for some but have not recieved it yet, but they said it really works, Im praying it does cause ive had 4 UTIs in the last 2 months and I am so sick and tired of this crap. Good Luck to you.
    • Posted

Me too . I don't think people understand how frustrating bladder/urethral pain is. It's constant discomfort for months. Can't even sleep properly, it's embarrassing using the restroom so many times. It's been awful.
  • Posted

The infection is still present and only the antibotics are doing is masking the root cause. The antibotics prescribed remove your good bacteria, hence, the bad over takes it and goes into other areas over time, similiar to the leaking gut example.

For immedate relief, try taking 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda with a glass of water and add some honey. 

Or you can use Apple Cider Vinegar with a glass of water. 

Either one, esp. baking soda you should see some changes. 

Keep in mind this is removing the symptoms by placing back an "acidy" environment, and thats what you need to remove too much bad bacteria. The sugar in diets feeds the bad bacteria that overgrow and causes so many problems that it seems for a lot people do not show up in tests. Which we can agree now the tests are not all reliable when a person have physical symptoms, than something is wrong. 

But no longer eat sugar in your diet, read the food labels that will list sugar in many different names. That sugar causes women so many problems due to our makeup down there. Also, quickly starting taking Multi Probiotic is the best for your stomache and urinary/uterus to help maintain your PH flora - make Plain Yogurt your best friend buddy. Drink more water, stop any surgary drinks, soft drinks and coffee. Feed your good bacteria. Eat some raw garlic to get to the root of the problem. Thats why you keep getting these UTI's because the initial cause never been dealt with just put to the side for awhile. Sorry you going thru this. 

Take some multivitamin and mineral supplement, that helps to recharge your other inner workings.

I think it is the bad bacteria because it is in disguise not showing up on tests. We have to remember that some of these tests are only looking for particulars that reflect one thing or another and easily miss things, hence, your experience of passing out and passing blood (which is serious) and your initution Proves, something is wrong. 

Dont soak yourself for awhile only showers. I read somewhere the Indians or mayble another cultural use to sit over herbs to clean our inner out. I need to get that recipe from a naturalist. At this point everything needs to be on the table to fix it. The woman, only wearing a wrapped towel waist down, sits on a chair ( that has small holes or ability to squat over it) that has the ability for a pot of the steamed herbs (think it was oregano leaves, thyme leaves, and two other ones, try to google more info on this ancient practice) but it natually and powerfully cleans the inner vag walls. 

Don't give up. Keep looking for answers, but do change your diet as noted above.

• Posted

Roxana,

This sounds like my experience as well. I am going on four months now; however, I have done a lot of reading on bacterial biofilms. Bacteria that have been in your bladder long enough can build biofilms to "hide" from the antibiotics. In this way, they are avoiding & reproducing, some becoming resistant and stronger. I began taking DMannose, Biofilm Defense (online supplement), and Manuka honey along with my antibiotics. It has helped immensely. I not finished with the bug yet, but I sleep through the night, no longer have terrible bladder burning sensations, and I am able to go normally again throughout the day. Check out biofilms or ask your doc! It makes sense why the infection can't be cleared if the E. coli are hiding out & wreaking havoc.

Just an idea smile

K

• Posted

Hey I have the same symptoms like yours.. How did you finally manage?? Pls share

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.