Side Effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

My father started this medicine (Tamsulosin 400 mg) and finasteride 5mg from April 15,  from Last one month he is suffering with lot of confusion. have any one suffered with confusion. please let me know your thoughts.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No confusion for me, but a common complication of BPH is urine retention with subsequent urinary tract infection.  In elderly people, this often manifests as confusion.  You should probably get him checked for a UTI.
  • Posted

Same here. No confusion just repeated uti's. Get checked by the gp. Quicker the better.
  • Posted

Finasteride lowers the level of testosterone which can cause confusion.  Maybe 5mg is too big a dose for your father.  I've been on Tamsulosin 400mg for a few years now (don't know how long) but have been on Finasteride 5mg for just over two months.  I'm 66 and the main side-effects I have had since I started on Finasteride are testicular pain, erectile sysfunction and the feeling that I'm being chemically castrated.  Maybe I'm getting paranoid about Finasteride but I really hate what I feel it's doing to me.

• Posted

I am on the same medication. Since starting on the Finasteride about 6 weeks ago my urination has improved vastly. I have been using Tamsulosin for about 2 years.

No confusion but keep getting a urine infection following an OP to remove bladder stones about 8 weeks ago following which I started the Finasteride.

I was supposed to have a hole but this has been put on hold as flow is so much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.