keloid prevention

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys, can anyone suggest me food intake that should be prevented to avoid itching and increasing of keloids, i am suffering from last 3 years and its jus kept on increaing i dont know how? what are the best remedies to prevent its growth. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

As far as food goes I don't know of any preventative ones but a keloid scar will typical not stop growing.. You have the option of surgical intervention but it risks growing back bigger.. You can speak to a doctor and have cortisol injections but they are painful.. There are scar creams that you can buy online but aren't very good without a prescription.. It all depends on the size and shape and location of the keloid.

I'd say see a doctor and have it evaluate it?

• Posted

hello miss rachael,

The location of the keloid is on my chest and the size is just growing more day by day , i have visited a doctor lately he has adviced me for laser treament and low temp. freeze method and i dont know how to go about it ...it would be of great help if u could suggest me with some good advice for keloids treament

• Posted

Hey again,

I have heard of laser treatment but have not had it myself. I am in Aus, maybe that is why? Currently I am seeing a plastic surgeon who is treating my ear keloids (post operative) with injections of a steroid called cortisol. It is designed to shrink and soften keloids and is quite a common treatment over here either on its own or in conjunction with an operation to remove it. You could suggest cortisol injections or surgery to your doctor or dermatologist?

Keep me updated if you like

• Posted

Hey rohit 61463, I am sorry that you are suffering right now. I know how you feel and myself have around 21 scars. I am going to give you advice based on my experiences - I do hope it helps.

Below is a list of foods etc that I have cut out of my diet. This has made such a difference in terms of pain and growth.

Alcohol

Any meat

Eggs

Fish

Strawberries

Pineapple

Spices

Too much salt - remember that we are meant to have about 6 grams of salt a day, being Indian can mean we add so much more salt to home cooking.

Too much sugar

Go easy on onions too

I suggest you make a food diary and write down any changes in keloid discomfort. smile

It may seem like too much to cut out but doing this has given me my life back. Before I was constanly crying and suffering from Insomnia. I could not find any answers but then began researching. By the blessing of god, I am not undertaking treatment and it is working very well. I would be happy to tell you more about this if you are interested.

Just remember to have a positive outlook on life and your condition. Think about everything you can do, not what you can't. Also remember to increase your water intake, very vital!!!! Dehydration makes our keloids worse.

Best of luck and remember, if you need to talk - I am just an email away or you can message me on here. The others on this forum are lovely too, hopefully they will respond soon. We are all here to support yousmile

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi dipsb, just wondering about what you've said in regards to foods.. How do you know for sure these foods make keloids worse? Have you avoided them for a period of time and then eaten then and had severe symptoms? I'd be interested to hear about that if it has happened.

I have not tried this but majority of what you said I do not eat anyway being a vegetarian.

Let me know

• Posted

Hi disp

I would like to know about your keloid progress.is it gone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.